Possible Audio 20 issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikesmith29

SUPPORTER
Car
2019 C200 Estate
I have the Audio 20 system with navigation in my 2017 c300h.

The problem I seem to have is that when I untick the box for Traffic announcements in the options for the radio after a couple of days it will come back on of it's own accord.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Your car will have the Audio20 infotainment system with the Garmin Map Pilot navigation software and maps on SD-Card (which MB refer to as 'SD-Card Navigation).

As far as I know the traffic announcements on the radio (TA) are separate to the Garmin navigation.

TA uses the Radio Data System (RDS) frequency on the radio to receive traffic announcements.

The Garmin navigation software gets its traffic data either from the free TMC service provided over a separate antenna in the car, or from the TomTom Live Traffic service provided over the Internet.

So the issue is with your radio. I am assuming what happens is that the little TA symbol pops-up at the corner of the screen from time to time? Is it possible that you (or your passenger) are inadvertently pressing something that re-activates it?

I take the tick out of the box go back to radio and thats where the screen stays.

Then I can get in the car later in the day and the TA symbol is back with no interaction from anyone.

I ha e exactly the same issue.....frustrates the life out of me!!

I ha e exactly the same issue.....frustrates the life out of me!!
I have found out that if you hold the mute button down on steering wheel it will turn it on or off. Much easier than going through the menus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom