Possible broken wire???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andreww202

Car
c220 w202
Hi im new here and hopefully this is in the correct section.

Ive been having a slight problem with my wiper on my 99 2.2cdi w202. The wiper when you put it on intermittent it just continues on even when i turn it off, until it stops where ever it wants.
In this colder weather it seems to work like normal first thing before going messed up. I swapped out the motor as it was butchered to fit, the wiper stalk and relays seem ok,
Im thinking a bad wire maybe a doggy earth?? Any ideas?

N101.jpg

Above, remove the six screws to access the relays compartment. Above picture is of an older version of fuse box.

Below, what you will see, swap around the relays D & C to see if the problem is related to a wiper relay, let us know what happens.

841762d1395047035-tony-griffin-newbie-c180w202-windscreen-washers-relay2.jpg

If the wiper motor isn’t compatible with the original then it wont work properly on ALL settings.
What was the original fault that caused you had to replace the original wiper motor?

Dec

Last edited:
Was the same issue before i swapped the motor i put it down to the fact that the previous owner had half botched an older motor on. Swapped the relays over same thing when on it clicked away.

If you temporarily remove the relays, will that solve the problem? I know the wiper blade won’t park where it is supposed to when the relays are removed.

Did you open up the stalk to have a look if anything is not right? Maybe some switch cleaner might help?
Mark the 2 parts with tape to aid reassembly so the all line up with the 0 markings.

attachment.php

To open the wiper switch you need a strong thumb grip, if you are tempted to use a metal tool you will likely damage the soft plastic of the switch housing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dec

The switch seems to be ok but ill try removing the relays, both together or one at a time?

Ill give that a try, thank you for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom