Possible Ebay purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP, have you ever driven one? They aren't everbody's cup of tea but some love them. [The Aero 8 (and Aero Plus 8) are totally different cars with aluminium chassis but a small amount of wood, primarily around the top of the body 'frame'].

I owned a Plus Eight for a couple of years - not very comfortable; but "I ticked that box"

I would prefer an SL, Boxster (remarkably good), or Cayman which I prefer to the Boxster.

NJSS

Further to my earlier post #20, woodtreatment started for 1986 model year.

No need to be sorry, we chiseled whippets just get on with it.

But it's true that there are many "more traditionally built folk," to quote Mma Precious Ramotswem around who struggle in terms of bulk and flexibility. No disrespect to any Americans present.

The Morgan is an awkward thing. But lovely if you're OK with it and have a garage to store it in.

Whippet-On-White-01.jpg
Ya want chiseled whippets ...my girl takes some beating...
HhvPcoD.jpg

Their we are, a great run out onto the Welsh valleys!

Attachments

• IMG-20200802-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20200802-WA0010.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20200802-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20200802-WA0012.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 8
Get it bought - better to regret something you have done as opposed to something that you haven’t!
Yes,but is it going to cause me problems through previous lack of use,
There are others out there but this appealed and back to same problem that I can’t get to view before auction ends.
Long shot- any member nearby who fancied having a look and giving an opinion?
Thanks

There are others out there but this appealed and back to same problem that I can’t get to view before auction ends.
Thanks
You’d need a professional to take a look - the risk on a car like this is too great for you and a helpful amateur.

In short though, to answer your question, yes there will be problems due to lack of use - which is fine as long as you expect it.

Personally I would leave this to someone who knows the brand and has the ability to spot and fix the issues.

Expect the worst, hope for the best 👍🏻

You’d need a professional to take a look - the risk on a car like this is too great for you and a helpful amateur.

In short though, to answer your question, yes there will be problems due to lack of use - which is fine as long as you expect it.

Personally I would leave this to someone who knows the brand and has the ability to spot and fix the issues.

Expect the worst, hope for the best 👍🏻
Was waiting for you to end by saying, want a red reliable sports car? By an MX5. 😝

Was waiting for you to end by saying, want a red reliable sports car? By an MX5. 😝
Thanks see where you are coming from but MX5 ( sensible hat on)doesn’t do it for me unfortunately At my age 74 just want to be retro,,

Friends of mine had always hankered for a Morgan and about three years ago sold their 5 year old Bently Continental and bought one.They were in their late sixties and I think the Morgan was about one year old. They only kept it for about a year , the main problem was the big difference in the overall ride , drive and comfort. They had problems with water leakage through the hood and as my friend commented - "there's no point having a radio in the thing , you can't hear it because of the noise ".
I'd recommend a good test drive before buying one .
What did they expect ???? 🤦

Thanks
Where is it?

Sowerby Bridge I think.

Thanks see where you are coming from but MX5 ( sensible hat on)doesn’t do it for me unfortunately At my age 74 just want to be retro,,
Have a look at a Porsche 968 cabriolet - preferably tiptronic as that suits the cab. I owned a tip coupe for 12 1/2 years then a tip cab for 8, the tip gearbox is superb in manual mode, still have a stick shift without input from the left leg! For example :
This was my car for 8 years until November last year, there should be wriggle room on the price as he's had it in stock since then, claims to have renewed the hood but from the photos i'm not completely convinced, know she needs a belts service, and he gave me a lot less than his current asking price for the car when i PX'd it with him for my SLK.

Have a look at a Porsche 968 cabriolet - preferably tiptronic as that suits the cab. I owned a tip coupe for 12 1/2 years then a tip cab for 8, the tip gearbox is superb in manual mode, still have a stick shift without input from the left leg! For example :
This was my car for 8 years until November last year, there should be wriggle room on the price as he's had it in stock since then, claims to have renewed the hood but from the photos i'm not completely convinced, know she needs a belts service, and he gave me a lot less than his current asking price for the car when i PX'd it with him for my SLK.
Thanks all
Thanks all!

Thanks
Have you tried the Morgan forum? Probably an even longer shot but there may be a member there that is local and willing to help you out (or gazump you :))

I owned a Plus Eight for a couple of years - not very comfortable; but "I ticked that box"

I would prefer an SL, Boxster (remarkably good), or Cayman which I prefer to the Boxster.

NJSS
I'd certainly second the Cayman. I had a Boxster S for a number of years and loved it. But I'd go Cayman now if I went back down the Porsche route

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom