Possible hidden gem ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Should be fine at that mileage, if it's not hiding rust, but why did it only cover forty miles between the 2018 and 2020 MoT tests? Could be nothing, but might mean it's been clocked.

That apart, the power train's pretty much bombproof, there's no mention of Airmatic so presumably it doesn't have it, the CLK didn't have SBC, so really, what is there out of the ordinary to go wrong? It looks like a bargain for somebody, if the service history is good, and if I were looking for one of these, I'd be decidedly interested.

2000 and id have that. Facelift the dashboard, rear lights and grill, resonator delete and you have a great looking, great sounding decent run around.

"Annual mileage" makes me want to move on. why not give the total mileage, trying to hide something?

it's a 'hidden gem' alright...hidden behind a set of awful photographs. I think it used to be called soft focus, used to help ugly people look slightly better in close up photos !

In this case I just think it's laziness. But for that money (or a bit less) if it has no serious rust it's a nice enough car. They quote 'annual' mileage at 10K, so does that mean as a 2002 it has 180K on the dial ?? Why are they not quoting that is the question.

"Annual mileage" makes me want to move on. why not give the total mileage, trying to hide something?
it's a 'hidden gem' alright...hidden behind a set of awful photographs. I think it used to be called soft focus, used to help ugly people look slightly better in close up photos !

In this case I just think it's laziness. But for that money (or a bit less) if it has no serious rust it's a nice enough car. They quote 'annual' mileage at 10K, so does that mean as a 2002 it has 180K on the dial ?? Why are they not quoting that is the question.
Not sure if you guys are looking at the same car, the link in the first post is for a CLK500 with 85k miles (as stated on the advert)? :dk:

Not sure if you guys are looking at the same car, the link in the first post is for a CLK500 with 85k miles (as stated on the advert)? :dk:
Oops ! yes , my mistake. heavy night last night (early hours of this morning :p)...I have sobered up a bit but the photos are still $hite.

Whoever has owned it does not seem to be fussy about the state of the tyres, there have been several MOT failures on this plus some other oddities in the MOT history such as no test in 2019 yet in June 2018 at 84435 miles all was well yet in 2020 and only having covered 20 miles according to the MOT it failed on a worn tyre?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom