Possible ML320 CDI owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
I am going to have a detailed look at a black ML320 CDI Sport on Sunday and could do with some pointers on what to look for, this will be replacing an Audi A4 2.7TDi. I know from reading here that the ML fuel economy is not brilliant but my A4 has averaged 36 mpg over the 2 years I have had it which is not bad and not that far off what I hope the ML will return.

My one reservation with the ML though is the size of the wheels and tyres, the wheels are 20" with 265/45 tyres which are a little larger (and more expensive to replace) than I would like. I prefer 18" or maybe 19" wheels at a push, are these wheel sizes available for the ML? Anything I need to look out for when I view the ML?

Thanks

David

Hello David, I'm pretty new to this forum but I have recently purchased an ml350 sport from Mercedes Lincoln and it runs on 19" alloys (which were the standard rim) and is shod with pirelli pzero rosso (255 / 50 R19 103W) which are approx £255 each fitted!
I have been told that continental or bridgestone do a tyre which is far cheaper (around the £130 - £150 mark).
Hope that helps.

James.

Hello David, I'm pretty new to this forum but I have recently purchased an ml350 sport from Mercedes Lincoln and it runs on 19" alloys (which were the standard rim) and is shod with pirelli pzero rosso (255 / 50 R19 103W) which are approx £255 each fitted!
I have been told that continental or bridgestone do a tyre which is far cheaper (around the £130 - £150 mark).
Hope that helps.

James.

Thanks James.....

I had a look over the car yesterday, I was very surprised that it had not been prepared at all and needed a good clean inside and out.

The car was great but I spotted a few things that needed sorting out which the dealer agreed to do. The only sticking point is that it has no Ipod connection but the dealer is looking into whether this can be fitted.

On the test drive the car averaged 26 mpg which I thought was pretty good considering it was town driving.

David

I have had my ml320 cdi for nearly four years, it averages 28 mpg.

What year ml are you looking at ? 2005/06 can have problems with crankshaft bearings.

I have had my ml320 cdi for nearly four years, it averages 28 mpg.

What year ml are you looking at ? 2005/06 can have problems with crankshaft bearings.

I'm looking at a 2009 model.

David

The deal is done on a 2009 ML320 CDI Sport in black. Collecting it on Saturday, can't wait!

David

Well I collected my ML320 yesterday. The whole process took 2 hours, yes 2 hours! to handover the car to me, the dealer was completely un-organised and to cap it all I need to take the car back on monday for the work he agreed to do before I collected the car to be completed. Can you believe it the dealer didn't even provide car mats so I will have to buy my own.

All in all a very poor experience.

David

Sounds like a similar experience I had when I purchased my Mercedes from a so called "Well established prestige car dealer" (Weston Motor Company) They wasnt at all organised, I bought the car, had it delivered to find out that they didnt have the logbook or mot certificate, it took 2 weeks for this to come back, after contacting trade standards. Typical.

I bought several cars in the past from Car Giant (the London based 'car supermarket')... the process is not particularly pleasant as such, and you do feel 'cattled' at times, but it is highly efficient... on one occasion I drove away with the new car just two hours after agreeing to buy it. So on balance I do prefer this experience to the free coffee and a chat - followed by total inefficiency - that I had in some main dealers' showroom...

On another occasion Car Giant only had one key, which I accepted, and bought the car. But the second key showed up by post a few days later, with no prior communication from Car Giant, which was a bit of a pleasant surprise actually...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom