Possible Mod??????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Munkee

Anyone with a W124 will know that the boot has two lovely deep pockets on either side to store all your goodies in. Mine consists of engine oil, WD40 can, maps, rain mac (incase I get a puncture when it's raining!) and lots of other bits and bobs; oh! yeah and the kitchen sink, naturally!!

This is great as it's all out of the way, leaving the boot floor space clear. However having the side pockets filled to the brim looks quite ugly. So I was wondering if MB ever made a cover or a hard lid that sits over the pockets and hides away all your stuff. If they didn't make this, then has anyone ever had a pair specially made for themselves, if so then please send in a pic or atleast let me know how it was done and who by?

Hopefully with the forums advice I can have a practical and "clutter hiding" mod for my lovely 124!

Cheers

The W124 estate has nice hard :rock: carpet covers over these bins, you might be able to pick up a pair from a breakers to bodge in????

or you could buy an estate :)

I don't think you will persuade them to fit (well not easily anyway) as they come up to the window level - would be an interesting challenge.

Perhaps just a simple "boot tidy" which fixes to the rear panel would be a better solution?

Andy

Has anyone got a pic of the covers in the estate version 124??

If I find a pair at a breakers then I'll give it a try.

Cheers Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom