Possible New E350CDI estate...to buy or not to buy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiger

Car
2009 C220 CDI Sport Estate
Hi Folks,

been playing with the idea of changing my 2009 c220CDI estate sport. I have seen a few E350 CDI estate sports for sale in the range between £31k and £34k all with under 10k on the clock. Do these prices seem reasonable and are there any glitches to look out for. The one Im looking at the mo is a 60 plate with 7 seats.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

You lucky sod! :rolleyes:

I was teasing myself only this morning by looking at 7 seat E350 CDi Sports.

I really like the look of them, although there does seem to be a higher than normal premium over the saloon.

Have you priced up a brand new car?

You lucky sod! :rolleyes:

I was teasing myself only this morning by looking at 7 seat E350 CDi Sports.

I really like the look of them, although there does seem to be a higher than normal premium over the saloon.

Have you priced up a brand new car?

I have not went down the pricing of a new car yet. Waiting to see what deal can be done. I really like the look, and with the second child due december, i think i might find the c class estate a little tight. Mainly because Im 6ft 2 and my seat need to be far back. This cant be done easily with a baby/car seat behind me. Also our buggy has to lie accross the boot which again takes up space.

I have not went down the pricing of a new car yet. Waiting to see what deal can be done. I really like the look, and with the second child due december, i think i might find the c class estate a little tight. Mainly because Im 6ft 2 and my seat need to be far back. This cant be done easily with a baby/car seat behind me. Also our buggy has to lie accross the boot which again takes up space.

You're in an almost identical position to ourselves except that we were having to accommodate our 3rd child. I missed out on some really good estates because I wanted the 2 seats in the boot and now we have them, they are hardly used....

I'm 6'1" and there is still decent space behind me when I'm driving, although I have a S211 I can't see the 212 being too different internally.

Just bought an E350 Sport Estate to coincide with the arrival of Child 2 and I haven't got a bad word to say about it. Huge boot. Plenty of poke. And a nice relaxing place to be when needs must.

Best advert for its Jekyll and Hyde qualities is that the boy goes straight to sleep in it while my 3 year old daughter calls it Daddy's Fast Car.

Happy days.

Last edited:
Just bought an E350 Sport Estate to coincide with the arrival of Child 2 and I haven't got a bad word to say about it. Huge boot. Plenty of poke. And a nice relaxing place to be when needs must.

Best advert for its Jekyll and Hyde qualities is that the boy goes straight to sleep in it while my 3 year old daughter calls it Daddy's Fast Car.

Happy days.

Whats it like for space in the back with the kids seats in? Might go to the dealer at the weekend with the 2 seats and see. I think its worse with the rear facing maxi cosi seat as it clashes with mine in the c class meaning i have to drive like a 4 ft person!!

Whats it like for space in the back with the kids seats in? Might go to the dealer at the weekend with the 2 seats and see. I think its worse with the rear facing maxi cosi seat as it clashes with mine in the c class meaning i have to drive like a 4 ft person!!

It's fine. Rear-facing Mamas and Papas Primo Viaggio fits in behind me no problem and I'm 6ft. Daughter is now in Recaro Young Sport, and while she can kick back of seat in front if she wants, space is still good.

No room for third passenger though, and boot is usually full of buggy and sixteen bags of Godknowswhat, so wouldnt be able to use third row of seats even if I had them.

Is this what happens on Mumsnet?

Last edited:
Hello

I have the previous S211 E320 and use the maxi cosi base with a maxi cosi car seat for our little one. I'm 6ft 2 and there is enough seat travel to get more than comfy.

The slightly older one (4) uses a maxi cosi front facing seat.

Having just returned from a 2K plus mile trip in the car with enough stuff to fill a house I'm amazed how the car swallowed the amount of gear we have. With a 4yr old and 8 month old its amazing how much you need...

Still it managed 42mpg loaded with a roof box and bikes on the back :)

SSL25314.jpg

Have to agree the rear most (seven seats) for us in this type of trip / most of the time would be worthless. The pram and coats etc would be right in the way. What I do like the look of are the G class and the R class (LWB) although with my mpg now in the 40's I don't think I could go back to 25 - 30 :(

If you can buy one go for it fabulous car for 34k they're over 40k new iirc

Waiting to see the figures tomorrow, think i might push them further for discount etc as Im not desperate to buy but it would be nice. There is a few for £32k but the spec seems quite low and probably over a year old. Thanks for all the advice guys and I will update as soon as i know!!!

Just be aware that big discounts can be had on new, and the new cars have 265bhp and a far better gearbox that gives much better economy.

I had specced an E350cdi estate at £41k with comand, Harman and bluetooth, and got 8% discount, however, last week of June and they went to 13% which brought it down to just over £35.5k.

If I had known they were going to go that low I would have bought one, but I had just bought a BMW X1 the day before they called me and couldn't really afford to swap my E320cdi as well then.
But considering the 18 month old 25k mile E350cdi estate was £34k used that seemed a no brainer.
Plus Lombard offered a £17k residual on that car so it was pretty cheap motoring over 4 years.

I really liked the E350cdi sport Estate, lovely car, huge boot, nice place to sit and plenty of go.

Interesting. Been considering the same car myself but couldn't get the right spec 2nd hand. Had no idea new prices were so good.

That said, I am still tempted by the E63 .... Head versus heart!

I will make some enquiries with regards to new ones. Was it a particular dealership that offered this or was it just haggled. If you could PM me the details and i could do some enquiries myself. At £35k for a new one, it seems a no brainer.

It was actually £36.5k not £35.5k as put above, sorry that was a typo.

That was just haggling, they went to 8% but would not get any more than that even though some brokers were offering closer to 10%, I then said that I would wait a month till they were at the end of their quarter, I was sort of joking.

But got a call saying they would go to £36.5k which worked out at 13% near enough.

I ws thinking about this last night after I posted, it wasn't the fact I had bought the X1, it was the fact I was going in holiday that week and couldn't sort things out, and was still not 100% sure I wanted to swap my S211.

They offered my their E350cdi sport for £31800 the week I had just bought the X1, which was tempting, but just couldn't afford to swap after getting the BMW.
I had sort of decided to get the X1 and keep the e320cdi as well.

I see there are a couple of nice avantgardes out there at the £28k mark with comand etc. on them on autotrader, that is where I would be right now I think.

I think it is just a case of catching them when they need to do a deal.
September is the end of the next quarter, if you call round 10 dealers with your spec and the price you want to pay, at least 1 will come back and say 'yeah' I can guarantee that.

I will make some enquiries with regards to new ones. Was it a particular dealership that offered this or was it just haggled. If you could PM me the details and i could do some enquiries myself. At £35k for a new one, it seems a no brainer.

That's why I mentioned buying new.

There was a forum member on here that, iirc, payed the same for a brand new E350 coupe as he would have done for one six month old. Which seems a bit strange, but I suppose the used valued are strong because people don't like to wait.

That was on a car being built.

Well got the final figures back from the dealer(via e-mail), and a response was sent back immediatly saying they need to revise their figures or I will be going new. They wanted £200 more per month that quoted for a new car...it just doesnt make any sense trying to charge these prices. It was from a dealer in Manchester i originaly bought my car from, but i think after repeatadly asking them for figures I will just be avoidong them from now o.

The search will continue, anyone had any experince of dealers jumping through hopps for a sale? Thinking next month might be quite good being the end of the quarter....

Well got the final figures back from the dealer(via e-mail), and a response was sent back immediatly saying they need to revise their figures or I will be going new. They wanted £200 more per month that quoted for a new car...it just doesnt make any sense trying to charge these prices. It was from a dealer in Manchester i originaly bought my car from, but i think after repeatadly asking them for figures I will just be avoidong them from now o.

The search will continue, anyone had any experince of dealers jumping through hopps for a sale? Thinking next month might be quite good being the end of the quarter....

Unless you give us the figures that means nothing?

It could be £32000 over 60 months with no balloon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom