Possible Solution to iPhone 3G iphone contact download?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigtruth

Hi all, I just got a new MDA Compact IV (T-MOBILE) "HTC Touch Diamond" and I've been having problems with contact download since I got the phone..... I just found out that if I put the phone (PDA) in phone mode, the contact download works fine and everything else works as expected.
It seems the Mercedes Bluetooth HFP Cradle didn't know how to get to phone mode, thus the failure to download contacts, ringtones and call history.

You may want to try this on your 3G IPhones.....make sure you paired your phone with Mercedes Bluetooth HFP Cradle as normal, then press phone on your iphone. (it might take a while depending on the size of your contact list.

I only have the 2G iphone, therefore I am unable to test.

Last edited:
The problem exists with the 2G iphone as well. It's a V2 software issue rather than hardware.

Anyone with 3G iphone able to try this and report back please?...my 2G iphone contact download works fine.

What software are you running on your 2G iPhone. I suspect you are still on V1 and havent uprgaded to V2

What software are you running on your 2G iPhone. I suspect you are still on V1 and havent uprgaded to V2

Yes Richard, I am still on V1.......(Sorry, I forgot to add that I am still running on V1)

The idea of this thread is to check if those on V2 (I should have been more precise) put their iPhones in phone mode (i.e. press phone on the springboard) then check to see if the HFP Bluetooth will download contact from the iphone....

Sadly it does not work:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom