Possible to add 3rd row of seats to E220 estate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tcsmyth

Car
E220d AMG Estate
I've just bought a 2017 E220d AMG estate - absolutely delighted with it, and excited by the possibility of adding the rear-facing seats to the boot. Is this possible as a modification, or is it just that some models come with it? Thanks!

I've just bought a 2017 E220d AMG estate - absolutely delighted with it, and excited by the possibility of adding the rear-facing seats to the boot. Is this possible as a modification, or is it just that some models come with it? Thanks!

Almost anything is a possible retrofit if you spend the money :)

It may be a stupid question, but where do I start? I can't find any references/sites/motor factors

It may be a stupid question, but where do I start? I can't find any references/sites/motor factors

It will only be possible with MB supplied parts and as there are significant safety related issues with regards to the correct fitting of such seats I would not be surprised if a dealer refused to supply the parts,

Not to say the potential nightmare of insurance complications from the modification

I say no - not unless you can get the v5C changed by the DVLA - so the car would need official retrofit, plus a VOSA inspection as a minimum.... if it was even technically possible

I say no - not unless you can get the v5C changed by the DVLA - so the car would need official retrofit, plus a VOSA inspection as a minimum.... if it was even technically possible

Changed to what?

Changed to what?
line S.2 on your v5C states the 'Number of seats (inc driver)' that your car is type approved & rated for - for example - my W205 has "5" stated, - this is the no of belted seats in a car - and my Fiat Ducato camper van has "4" stated.
if you exceed this no, you are in breach of Construction and Use regs and liable to prosecution . ;)

Really? not on mine it doesn't and thats a 7 seater, Nor did it on my Previous CDI, Nor did it on my 2 Previous Volvo's which were also 7 seaters its just blank.

assuming your car is a S213 - there looks like there may be parts available on here
Mercedes-Benz EPC. E 213.245 , E STATION WAGON, Market Europe, North America, Japan.

rear seat parts but no rear seatbelts here...
Mercedes-Benz EPC. E 213.245 , E STATION WAGON, Market Europe, North America, Japan, Group FOLDING SEAT / CENTER SEAT, Schema of REAR FOLDING SEAT.

so it might be technically feasible - what does your v5C say? if it says 5 - you will still need VOSA inspection to change to 7

seat belts here
Mercedes-Benz EPC. E 213.245 , E STATION WAGON, Market Europe, North America, Japan, Group FOLDING SEAT / CENTER SEAT, Schema of SEAT BELTS.

Last edited:
This is really helpful - thanks very much - gives me a great start in point for understanding what I need to investigate. Thanks.

assuming your car is a S213 - there looks like there may be parts available on here
Mercedes-Benz EPC. E 213.245 , E STATION WAGON, Market Europe, North America, Japan.

rear seat parts but no rear seatbelts here...
Mercedes-Benz EPC. E 213.245 , E STATION WAGON, Market Europe, North America, Japan, Group FOLDING SEAT / CENTER SEAT, Schema of REAR FOLDING SEAT.

so it might be technically feasible - what does your v5C say? if it says 5 - you will still need VOSA inspection to change to 7

seat belts here
Mercedes-Benz EPC. E 213.245 , E STATION WAGON, Market Europe, North America, Japan, Group FOLDING SEAT / CENTER SEAT, Schema of SEAT BELTS.

This is really helpful - thanks very much - gives me a great start in point for understanding what I need to investigate. Thanks.
Hi. Just wanted to bring this thread back to life..
Wondering if you did add the 2 seats in the boot in the end and whuch company you used and the cost and registration of the change with DVLA. I'm about to purchase a 2015 E220 and I'm looking to do the same. Any help/advice would be great. Thanks
Ash.

If your car has Adblue then I think you can’t fit the extra seats as the Adblue tank takes up the space where the seats would go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom