Possible to adjust Xenon levels on C-class / C63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobsta

Car
2009 C63 Performance Pack, 2017 E220d AMG Premium Plus
Hi folks,

Sorry for posting in the General forum but I could do with an answer on this ASAP.

My '09 C63 is in for its MOT right now. The testers are saying the light beam is slightly too high to pass and needs adjusting down. They claim they can do this for £11.95.

I was under the impression that the Xenons were self-levelling and *not* adjustable. Can anyone definitively confirm either way please?

Thanks,

Bobsta

They absolutely should be self leveling. But they will have a manual over-ride adjustment screw on each unit. he self leveling is done by links on the front and rear suspension which can stick with road dirt etc.

Thanks Rob. Just the info I needed.

Mods - I'd like to move this thread to the Electronics sub-forum... but it seems I can't.
Please feel free to move or delete.

Thanks!

Thanks Rob. Just the info I needed.

Mods - I'd like to move this thread to the Electronics sub-forum... but it seems I can't.
Please feel free to move or delete.

Thanks!

Done.

Hi,
Xenons headlights adjust just the same as any normal headlight, just make sure the car is empty first so the auto leveling system is static and setting the headlight level to what it thinks is normal driving height, this is of course is presuming that the levelling system is working ok.

As above. You must adjust the lights as you would in any car. Thereafter the self leveling will operate to compensate for load differences.

In other words you must tell it where level is...it can't work it out for itself.

As above. You must adjust the lights as you would in any car. Thereafter the self leveling will operate to compensate for load differences.

In other words you must tell it where level is...it can't work it out for itself.

Self levelling for Xenons is supposed to be calibrated with Star diagnosis instead of manual adjustments.

Self levelling for Xenons is supposed to be calibrated with Star diagnosis instead of manual adjustments.

If they are like other MBs with Xenons the STAR calibration procedure only has to be done to set the Auto-levelling system intially once the system knows where it is the headlights can then be aligned like normal headlights, but I must stress the car has to be empty i.e. nothing in boot and nobody sat in it, the headlights are then aligned to correct level. This level will be the level that the levelling system via feedback from the suspension sensors and ECU activating levelling motors will try to maintain.
I have a WIS document somewhere with the procedure written down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom