Possible to install a rear reverse Camera?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarcusHardcastle

Car
Mercedes Benz C Class C220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport 2dr Auto 2012 (12)
Hi guys i own a Mercedes C220 C Class AMG Sport Diesel 2.2, The car has built in reverse sensors so i can get close to things and the car will beep when i get too close.
Is it possible to get a camera installed that connects to the sensors and works in tandem to allow me to visually get into spots easier with guidance.
I know a lot of newer Mercedes have them installed as an optional extra but if i wanted to get them added to my car, All be it a 2012 plate, would this be possible
and how much would i be looking at cost wise if possible

Contact comand.co.uk (forum sponsors) with your VIN, they will tell you what's possible and what you need, they installed one on my S204 a while ago, unfortunately you're a bit away from J3 M3 so getting them to install it would be a bit of a hike!

As above, www.commandonline.co.uk retrofitted reverse camera to my C-Class 2013 (W204).

Two things to note.

The original camera is located in the boot lid trim, so installing it will cost more - both because the genuine MB camera is more expensive, but also because you'll need new boot lid trim. You can of course fit a cheaper aftermarket camera that fits inside the license plate lamp housing.

Then, fitting a reverse camera requires running a coax cable under the carpets from the boot to the dashboard (it connects to the rear of the Audio20 or COMAND unit), so it's quite labour intensive in terms of installation costs (unless you do it DIY).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom