Possibly for sale Audi S8 or swap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Watchcame430

MB Enthusiast
Car
Previous 1994 SL500, 2001 W210 E430 and 2003 Designo S500 Current 2005 S211 E270
Morning All,

I am thinking about maybe selling my 2001 Audi S8 or preferably swapping it for something else on my bucket list or interesting.
It's met blue, with beige leather, sunroof and usual spec. Has most things as standard inc sat nav, heated leather, alcantara door trims, tiptronic gearbox with steering wheel gear change and Bose.
High miles at 216k but well maintained. Just driven it around Europe last month.
Cam chain changed about 60k from memory (would need to reconfirmed that) and has had a gearbox rebuild with £2k plus receipt in a bulging service history.
Each day I wake up and think do I want to sell it or not as I really like the car but just can't bring myself to do it .. drives great, handles well and is just an all round fun car. Hoping someone will offer a swap that persuades.
Faults ... 1 inch lacquer peel on roof, a few marks and scrapes but nothing too serious. Slight bit of aging on alloys but still very presentable with no kerbing.
Some chrome trim is showing it's age a bit and a small amount of aluminium corrosion on a few bits of window trim here and there. Sat nav thinks it is in the Atlantic for some reason ... not sure what's wrong with that. Not looked into,it as I use my phone.
There is some wear to door handle areas inside ... Audi covered them in a soft plastic that doesn't wear too well. A couple of stone chips on windscreen.
The other day the air con drip overflowed on to the passenger footwell ... a common issue ...I stripped it down and cleared it out .. so far so good. (Found a small piece of plastic in the pipe causing issue so should be fine)
Not smoked in and well looked after over its lifetime.
It's a nice car all in all with 10 months mot (no advisories) serviced about 3 months ago inc new genuine filters, great service history.

I am looking for a swap for any of the below:

Mercedes (any type considered but ideally larger than C class and unlikely to go for anything low spec or with poor history or rusty)
Volvo S60 or V70
BMW 5 or 7 series
Jaguar XJ
A fast or high spec estate (any brand)
Audi High spec
Maybe a Subaru ... on the fence on this
A convertible .. with summer coming I fancy roof down motoring for a few months.
I might go for something that is mechanically sound but needs some work as long as I can use daily. A CLK with faulty roof as example.
I love rare, high spec, quirky, unusual colours etc

Let me know what you have and will send photos to anyone interested/serious. Please PM me on here or [email protected]

Thanks

Should,say cam chain changed about 60k miles ago from memory.
Also had a brand new alternator and front brake discs/pads 2 months ago.
Tyres are all good and decent brand.(Michelin and Yokohama)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom