Post codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomF

Car
S350L bluetec AMG
Hello boys n girls, any thoughts?
Anyone had issues with the sat nav not recognising well established post codes?
Its happened a few times now and it can't be case of getting an update as I mentioned the venues are old..
2014 S class....
Tom.

Not experienced that problem on our 2007 SL but out Comand seems to have an aversion to direct routes involving ferries! Recently went across to Inveraray via Gourock and Dunoon because the main road via the Rest and Be Thankful was closed. Unable to get the chosen route displayed we set off expecting the dynamic route guidance to figure it out as we went along.

Driving off the ferry in Dunoon we were surprised to see it update itself by telling us to make a u-turn back on the ferry and onto the original route via Loch Lomond etc...

it did eventually catch on when we were roughly 15 miles away from our destination...

Not experienced that problem on our 2007 SL but out Comand seems to have an aversion to direct routes involving ferries! Recently went across to Inveraray via Gourock and Dunoon because the main road via the Rest and Be Thankful was closed. Unable to get the chosen route displayed we set off expecting the dynamic route guidance to figure it out as we went along.

Driving off the ferry in Dunoon we were surprised to see it update itself by telling us to make a u-turn back on the ferry and onto the original route via Loch Lomond etc...

it did eventually catch on when we were roughly 15 miles away from our destination...
Yeah I can't understand the logic sometimes, we've been directed to hop on and off a motorway in the past!!

On a very general note.... if you are using COMAND navigation, it is worth ensuring that also the firmware is kept up-to-date, not only the maps.

Firmware updates typically contain bug fixes and in some cases new features, and while I can't say that a firmware update will resolve any particular issue, it is best to have the latest version of the navigation software (included in the firmware update) before trying any other fixes.

On a very general note.... if you are using COMAND navigation, it is worth ensuring that also the firmware is kept up-to-date, not only the maps.

Firmware updates typically contain bug fixes and in some cases new features, and while I can't say that a firmware update will resolve any particular issue, it is best to have the latest version of the navigation software (included in the firmware update) before trying any other fixes.
Interesting.
How do you get firmware updates, are they from different sources?

Interesting.
How do you get firmware updates, are they from different sources?

If there is a firmware update applicable for your vehicle,your main dealer will apply the update.
But its not free. You have to pay for workshop time so worth getting an estimate before going ahead.

Commandonline have quoted £199 to someone recently who enquired about a firmware update.

If there is a firmware update applicable for your vehicle,your main dealer will apply the update.
But its not free. You have to pay for workshop time so worth getting an estimate before going ahead.

Commandonline have quoted £199 to someone recently who enquired about a firmware update.

As above.

The software itself if provided by MB free of charge, but the dealer will typically charge between one-half-hour to one-hour labour for the work.

(The quote of £199 to my understanding also included some STAR coding as the member also wanted changes made to the COMAND unit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom