Postage to Australia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Bit of a bizzare one-my two young cousins who live in Brisbane are pleading with me to send them some of those mini cans of Coke over to them. In return, my other cousin (the boys Dad) will send me some 'real Auzzie beer:bannana: '. Any idea of the cost of shipping a case of mini cans of Coke to Brisbane??

A lot ...

How many ml are the mini cans of Coke ? times by 24 and you have a ( rough ) idea of weight ...

Then check the RM tariff or FedEx or something ....

The little coke cans are 150ml, that's about 150g per can as H says (ignoring the can which is very light).

So you're looking at however many cans x 0.15Kg each, plus a little for the packaging.

I would think it'll be a very expensive soft drink by the time it arrives! ;)

Good luck :)

Will

Umm. I'm not too keen on sending them anyway. I can't see why the kids are so intent about the mini cans, afterall they get the normal cans over there. It's not like they are 6 and 8 years old-They are 15 and 16 year old boys!!

Get them to send you the beer , don't actually send anything in return ...

Time will go by and they'll ask you where their Coke is , just tell them they must be lost in the post or seized by customs ( food and drink import / export regs. ) and that you'll claim the money back , and maybe it wasn't such a good idea ..

Free beer and no hassles .... :cool:

Stick to English Beer. Fosters ( not really a beer ) nor their Bitter is a match for our traditional beers ie mild & bitter. Doubt if their customs will allow the coke into Oz anyway as they are very particular re food stuffs. Postage will be mighty expensive anyway. Sending a couple of VHS tapes and some newspapers cost me well over £4 and that was before they changed the regulations re packet sizes etc.

Remind me not to do business with the resident of Toad Hall !
I recently got a vintage cast iron tractor seat sent from Australia and the postage was less than £40. A crate of mini cokes must weigh a lot less.

I didn't mean it seriously :rolleyes:

Like you'd rip off your own family ..... ;)

Time will go by and they'll ask you where their Coke is , just tell them they must be lost in the post or seized by customs ( food and drink import / export regs. ) and that you'll claim the money back , and maybe it wasn't such a good idea ..

Howard, you are definately wasted working for the EA.:p

I didn't mean it seriously :rolleyes:

Like you'd rip off your own family ..... ;)

No, I would, believe me-it's not like they can pop round one evening to fill me in or anything!!

I like your thinking!! :rock:

see if you can order some online froma Oz based interenet seller or such stuff.

Save even going to buy the teeth rotting drink anyway.

Are they trying to test it to see if it tastes the same as Oz sourced stuff, which it will, they use the same receipe.

Australia does not normally allow the import of foodstuffs and for the sake of this Cola is a foodstuff.
Probably as someone said the only option is to source locally.

Sealed food is usually OK - I've been sent and have sent various items - Tim Tams - Lays - VB - Vegemite etc. Postage is cheap enough if you're sending a 'small packet' up to 2kg - the most you'll pay is £20. A small packet is defined here.

Prices:

Airmail
Surface Mail

parrotman said:
Stick to English Beer. Fosters ( not really a beer ) nor their Bitter is a match for our traditional beers ie mild & bitter

Fosters isn't real Australian beer - no-one there touches the stuff. VB - Tooheys - Carlton Cold the usual fare.

not sure about the postage but beer? Thats my Forte.....................

English Beer is great, as is czhech, some french/belgian/nicaraguan/etc etc

but australian beer is crap - save yourself the dough and have a daytrip to belgium ;)

rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom