Postcode and street number issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevehg

I have had this happen a number of times now, so it's not a freak occurrence and seems to be an issue with Command Sat Nav. So I put in a UK postcode and then go to put street no. in, but it's not one of the drop down options and the number entry is greyed out for manual entry. So you have no way of putting it in.

I've also had one example where it was only offering up odd numbered houses. I've had this happen about 5-6 times since getting the car in August and in each case the post code was correct.

Anybody else had this issue?

cheers, Steve

Just limitations of the database I'm afraid. Lots of sat nav systems across all makes of cars and none of them are 100%.

Just limitations of the database I'm afraid. Lots of sat nav systems across all makes of cars and none of them are 100%.

Maybe I should have made it clear, that this is happening with about 80% of addresses I tried, so it's not down to just inaccurate data, unless the small number of addresses that I've tried so far are a bad example. Unlikely as it even happens with my home address. I can't remember when I started using inbuilt sat navs, but it was at least sixteen years ago and I've had system using 7 digit postcodes for at least five and not experienced this kind issue in the map data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom