Posting for HOWARDl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s4rap

Car
2001 clk 430
Hi as owner of 2clk430s I need yr help.on taking the cover off mine the rubber bee stint antenna has snapped.theres an Allen key on the top cover that looks as though it holds the top on,I've undone it and still can't get the top off have you any suggestions many thanks

No antennas on either of ours , so no idea i'm afraid.

Radio antenna is built into the rear screen.

Cabrios had a rubber antenna but not coupes.

Mine has think its for the telephone and the sat mac what a ball ache !

Sorry sat nav

The little tiny 2 inch high Comand antenna ?

Funnily enough , i've just looked into this for a friend of mine who has lost the little rubber aerial off his.

The rubber aerial isn't available seperately , you have to buy the whole unit for about £160 , then you need to have it painted. Part number is A210 820 20 75

My Comand was retrofitted so my aerial is under the dash.

That's the one I can order from USA and get the seal and rubber end but I need to know how to get the top off it does come off or so I've been told

Is there not an allen grub screw that holds it on near the base ?

How much can you get it from the states for ?

I replaced mine the other week.

Just undo the 1x Allen/hex head bolt and it lifts straight off.

You can buy a new antenna and gasket for around £20-30 from the states - perfect fit.

Will

Link for anyone who needs a new one:-

Mercedes Benz C/CLK/E Roof Antenna Mast Cover Kit - New | eBay

Better than £160 for a new cover from MB!

Top tip: immerse the new rubber antenna in hot water before fitting, and maybe wipe with some trim wax type stuff to aid fitting - it can be a bit fiddly to fit otherwise! ;) :eek:

Get it from German parts in USA but they have a minimum order of 50 dollars for all orders to England .can anyone better that thanks

I got mine for £20 from eBay, they do crop up from time to time. search Mercedes GPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom