Posting pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aswall

Car
CLS 350
Sorry if this has been covered before but I've done a search and tried messing about for several hours and can't get my signature to work. When I checked an earlier message I'd posted the 3 photos (hosted on Imagestation) showed in my signature just fine but after posting a reply they erm - well you can see what happened!

I'm not an internet newbie but haven't a clue how to make a homepage to link to, despite trying to follow several "easy" tutorials. I want to post some images to the gallery but am practising on the signature. What happened? Is it not permissible to link to imagestation pics and if so, why did it let me for the first half an hour?
Help!!

Andy

You have got it right as far as entering the link "this end" on the forum, just unfortunate the people you chose to host your pictures (Image Station) do not allow external links to be used.

Get yourself an FTP program - such as Cute FTP - free to download.

Then use this address

ftp.poundhost.com

to upload your pictures. Login and pwd is mbclub.

Address you pictures will be at is then

http://www.poundhost.com/mbclub-file/filename.xxx

Great thanks, I'll see if I can work it out again. Bizarre, but on reading your posts I notice my signature pics are back again???

Do I have to give my photos a unique name if they are going into a common folder at poundhost?

Cheers
Andy

You might see your links, but we certainly can't.

You will need unique names, but you can create a folder of your own, so they dont get mixed up.

Remember your filenames will be case sensitive when you are linking to them.

I've done it yippee!! Thanks guys that was easier than I thought. Only downside is that I'm crap at taking photos!

Cheers
Andy
:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

oooh ! nice car & pics .... can't see the dead flies or the muck, don't worry - naturally due to your excellent choice of colour !!

;)

Thanks for the advice guys. Finally managed to post a couple of pics. Ok so its not that good, but wait, bought the wife a digi cam for her birthday and she is working tomorrow morning (grin grin). I wil try to get some more representative pics of the shed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom