potecting yellow seatbelts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
the yellow seat belts in my 911 gets dirty (not obvious unless you are looking closely), and the dirt is not easy to remove.

most of the dirt is because I drive mostly with windows open, which means the belt rub/flap against clothes and also leather (on passenger side).

I have to clean the belts (light lemon solution) once every few months, and am not always successful in removing all dirt and stains.

Am looking for suggestions for:

a) an effective and safe cleaner (to get them back to 'new'); and
b) some sort of sealant/protector so that the belts can just be 'wiped clean' in future?

Bloody things cost me £500 to buy and fit!

Thanks.

Just revert back the the black ones - they don't look gay.

These would look great ;) available from your local Halfords.

Hey Sean,

You may want to consider a decent foam upholstery cleaner that comes in an aerosol.

Reason I say this, is because it has more chance of pushing the grime out of the seatbelt (by the foam expanding) more effectively than just scrubbing the surface of the seatbelt with a cloth & cleaner.

Best bet is to use a " wet n dry" vacuum cleaner like the Vax or George.
These will suck the dirt out safely, rather than spraying with a chemical and scrubbing, which may take the nap off the seat belt leaving it like a worn bobbly jumper.
Use Autosmart Brisk or a normal carpet cleaning chemical correctly diluted to suit. If really soiled you may have to use something stronger like Autosmart G101, but always test!! first to be sure its not going to remove the colour
Afterwards use Gtechniq or 3M Scotchgaurd to protect.

Hi Sean,

Give Michael at Gemclean a call 07784 020 218. I'm sure I heard him say he steam cleans his seat belts.

Nice guy very helpful, I'm sure he will advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom