Potential Boost Leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneTwoNine

Car
CLS 320 CDi
My CLS320 CDi has a boost leak. It's on the join between the metal pipe and the cold side of the turbo.

I've taken it all apart but when I took it all apart the metal pipe was loose.. you could move it back and forth with no effort what so ever.

Anywho, once i'd taken it apart i found half a round o ring in it, green in colour.

Anyone able to shed some light on this..? Am I meant to have an o ring in it..? Also is that metal pipe running from the muffler to the turbo meant to be as loose as it is i.e. moving back and forth with ease.

I've got no power across the board and when I blip the throttle I can hear all the intake air leaving from that join.

Theres a bracket on the metal pipe and it lines up with a hole in the cylinder head area of the engine but no bolt and no thread in the hole.

Yes there should be a (complete) seal in there.
And there will of been threads and a bolt in that hole, it’s maybe been loose and the moving around has worn it away. Possibly previous work was a bit ham-fisted.
You may be able to heli-coil it and it should go again.

a4UldnALcfeFFSofxVh4BDuqzT0mF7wFQ3mVW-GX2t6UEk-dBU3maCuLZN2XUqKRcXJ8MoPBVclDhrgQ0bv2clJt3vDoHwDWsuV9rYsMQ_IhA9xloDqUFw-1eJQ18kmBsCkKoEnGTLkOepsuIZVJH8t5GCGQhrjstfAH9l3Zijr6SLyeK3mhSesDk_L48cTInNBqqDE1fKOYsK98-JanMbTEZ_WJyiyeAr1ZvRithUTbdewbZWVgOroYNQLaHq7EuD4dTf167OE44dz5RoF9LozSOxi9Jb5GEDN6X2cgJbz64d370NGlWICfta0ulv0sBx65MOwZzozoFCuCG5mIoJWHTuNAEbOLf6au62OBuJUWKpDrx0FO9pWF0ki3utytRmp2vwsjhyBv-o2VBib5oDKK4YQM4HcsmvcjPOsi50lNmXvJapibnGDYl56TAkHazeanXnJMzIel2iVbvequmqfAC3gvgtSCX1vJUkqWICKm0v6GSX3zW7uDVwz2ECjftvd1KDb438wRHc0fYysSaTARpZxQarcV9Y-BOK_eBoXjeUPpiNztJbMuzZRAl3DRJEFbHB0LhmXgToETJ4JS8ttrURlBg_gwCZcNyRnAmItLI3FzGYoMxCgQ50JWbR6mzoIHD8Civm7znzS13__CJjHPNjsvMEMkpS8BgBzsi3hEiET4TEX4_F15qzg=w3271-h1534-no

Judging by the VIN Lookup I need parts 50 which is the ball stud for the engine cover where the thread is stripped and part 50 which is the o-ring for the metal cold air pipe and cold side of the turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom