Potential C Class Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willowwilson

Car
C class
Hi all,

I’m looking at getting a new W205 C220d saloon auto AMG line as my new company car.

Options are Obsidian Black and smartphone integration, although someone from Mercedes mentioned that smartphone integration might be standard on new cars? Can anyone confirm this?

The AMG line seems to have most other options covered, and the others are out of my price range.

Does anyone have any comments on these cars or any other recommendations? Looking forward to trying the 9G tronic box. Got a test drive booked for Friday.

Cheers

Just got one very similar but a c300d. It looks very nice, interior build quality isn't quite as good as my old Audi A4 but decent all the same. It has a few irritating quirks if you're used to VAG but nothing major.
O Black is a nightmare to keep clean too lol.

I did think about the 300d, but didn’t think it was worth the extra BIK, although the extra bhp would be nice.

Got a test drive tomorrow, so hopefully that goes well!

The black will be a pain to keep clean, luckily I don’t mind getting buckets out...

So I’ve just been told that my C220d AMG line order can’t be fulfilled due the Mercedes discontinuing that line. I’ve now been told that I can have the AMG line edition, however I’m unable to add smartphone integration (apple car play) as an option!! The only way to get apple car play is to get the night edition which is out of my budget. Seems crazy that a customer can’t pay extra to add that option (£300ish). Can anyone see any way around this?

I had a similar issue - ordered a brand new C43 in February, was told in July that it couldn't be built but nobody could give me a reason. Ended up with an ex-demo car with not quite the spec I wanted but nothing that I'm missing to be honest. Somewhat annoying.

I’m just shocked that I’m now being told I can’t spec apple car play on a £40k car. And the only way to get it is up pay £2.5k more for The night edition with a load of other extras I don’t want.

I’m just shocked that I’m now being told I can’t spec apple car play on a £40k car. And the only way to get it is up pay £2.5k more for The night edition with a load of other extras I don’t want.

CommandOnline May be able to retrofit it. Typical car manufacturer way of upselling. Many people would pay the extra I suspect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it come with COMAND NTG5.5 or with Audio20 infotainment system?

Are there any driver aids included (Adaptive cruise control, Active lane keep, Blind spot, Active parking, Speed sign recognition)?

I’m now thinking of an A220d AMG Premium Plus, which has got much better tech than the C class and will save me BIK. Does anyone have any comments on the comfort of the new A class compared to the C class?

My partner had a 68 reg A250 premium amg line and that was a comfortable ride. He changed it to a new A35, NOT comfortable (he likes it but the ride is too hard for me). I know the A35 is supposed to be stiffer.
The A250 he had was lovely though. I'm sure any A class is a nice ride other than the A35. I just prefer slightly bigger ones
Always best to test drive. I really should take my own advice

I’m now thinking of an A220d AMG Premium Plus, which has got much better tech than the C class and will save me BIK. Does anyone have any comments on the comfort of the new A class compared to the C class?
The A-Class is a nice car, but smaller than the C-Class, so the two are not really directly comparable. It depends on what your needs are.

My partner had a 68 reg A250 premium amg line and that was a comfortable ride. He changed it to a new A35, NOT comfortable (he likes it but the ride is too hard for me). I know the A35 is supposed to be stiffer.
The A250 he had was lovely though. I'm sure any A class is a nice ride other than the A35. I just prefer slightly bigger ones
Always best to test drive. I really should take my own advice

The A35 is a proper AMG car, as opposed to the AMG-Line cars (such as the A250d AMG that the OP is looking at), which are not. So any AMG car will have a harsh ride by design, due to the lower and stiffened suspension, as well the bigger wheels and ultra-low-profile tyres.

Also, if the OP is looking for a comfortable ride, then I think his best bet is a C-Class Executive or SE (not Sport), which will have higher and softer suspension, and 16" or 17" wheels.

Said that, the C-Class attracts higher BIK so that's something to consider, as the OP mentioned.

Yes I know about the stiffer a35. I was trying to say I have experience of both and I thought I had said any a class model other than A35 would be comfortable.
I've owned c class executive and c class sport on 17's and both were very comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom