Potential C63 owner...does anyone regret buying one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Riverside Red said:
I know you're looking at a W204 C63, but I have a W205 C63 with the 4 litre turbo and have just bought one of the last F6 Porsche Boxster and I love both cars in totally different ways. The Boxster is more like a scalpel and like your 911 is a convertible so you can always enjoy the summer sun. The C63 is a beast which makes me smile every time I hit the loud pedal. At present it's mainly used in the wet which is fun, but I wouldn't swap either car at the moment....well maybe if I won a shedload of money and could afford an AMG GTC. By the way just ignore Mr C43's (DRIVER200's) comments, he's still trying to justify why he didn't spend the extra money on a proper AMG with 8 cylinders. RR

The 4.0tt is bland compared to the m156 6.3

I know you're looking at a W204 C63, but I have a W205 C63 with the 4 litre turbo and have just bought one of the last F6 Porsche Boxster and I love both cars in totally different ways.

The Boxster is more like a scalpel and like your 911 is a convertible so you can always enjoy the summer sun. The C63 is a beast which makes me smile every time I hit the loud pedal. At present it's mainly used in the wet which is fun, but I wouldn't swap either car at the moment....well maybe if I won a shedload of money and could afford an AMG GTC.

By the way just ignore Mr C43's (DRIVER200's) comments, he's still trying to justify why he didn't spend the extra money on a proper AMG with 8 cylinders.

RR

Can you justify your last sentence or is your Dorkishness brimming over?:devil:

Incidentally, exactly what comments should he ignore?

I have owned my since new and have never regretted it...apart from the fuel which can be a pain..but then with 6.2 what do u expect. I don't use it for commuting as I work offshore. Cover about av. 5k miles a year. I can't imagine changing it any time soon...it's a great car.

5k per year ? Not exactly `using ` it are you ?

Hail ! the M156 ! zzzzzzz

M157 is da best !!

( wait for it)...........

Enjoyable 5K miles vs 25K miles of miserable commuting....

I know what I would choose.

2 years in and i am still grinning ear to ear everytime i drive.

Looking forward to my daily drive home after crap days at work!

Yeah it is.

Great engine in its own right but don't compare to the m156.

In my experience there're both great engines, for different reasons but all in all the latest produces more HP is more fuel efficient and still sounds good so what's not to like.

I had a 911 then my wife gave birth to two of these little creatures that mess everything up and break everything they see... Love them though.

So the 911 had to go, along came the c63, had her for 4 years before I had to let her go......

Oh I miss that car the most out of all of them... Que sad love song.

Am I missing something here :doh:

DRIVER200 is our resident C63 hater. He had to settle for a C43 and has been trying to convince us all, like he's convinced himself, that it's better than a 63 ever since.

:thumb:

Yes it has the sports exhaust, and thats not why I want one...:wallbash:

I'm not asking you guys if I should buy one, or what the running costs are...I merely wondered if any body regretted buying one that's all.

I regretted buying mine, after owning a 981 Spyder. It was a great engine in a car with no grip and performance that wasn't easily accessible, so sold it after 8 months.

No regrets - but I've only owned it 5 months (3,500 miles).
If performance is the only/main reason for buying one you may regret it I think - the gearbox isn't amazing and it cannot put any power down in damp conditions at all. It's pretty wild with traction control off and too restrictive with it on. The brakes are so so but the steering is really meaty and feels great.
I've found myself loving the car for all sorts of non-performance related things though - which is why I have no regrets at all. The noise is worth it alone - and you don't have to be accessing all the performance to enjoy that. It is a beautiful symphony at any speed and I hardly ever drive with any music/radio on at all which is very unlike me. I would never modify the exhaust on it. The seats, the steering and - subjective this I know - just the look of the thing in a car park are some of the things I'm really enjoying about it. I think the saloon is one of the best looking cars ever made - the proportions are muscle car perfection (to my eyes) from every angle. Other people love them too - like another poster mentioned I've had nothing but enthusiastic comments from strangers and passers-by.
I love the whole package and cannot imagine selling it but I if I'd bought it purely for the performance, I may have some regrets yes.

Enough , buy one and do these 3 things ...

# 1 install a Quaife Slippy diff
# 2 fit 265 or 275 rear tyres
# 3 apply a MSL/Eurocharged remap

If you regret this , surrender your license and take the bus forever more .

I traded my Boxster for a C63.
The idea of having an agile convertible and a muscle car sounds ideal.
Personally I wouldn't get the use out of both but they appeal in different ways so I don't see why you would get bored of either the C63 or the 911.
I miss the Boxster on sunny days and on twisty roads.
I love the C63 each time I start the engine or accelerate "enthusiastically".
I have only had my C63 for 5 months so I am still in the Honeymoon period but I don't regret the change. The C63 scratches my V8 itch but I wouldn't rule out another Porsche in the future, or another V8.
Hope this helps.

The 4.0tt is bland compared to the m156 6.3

Never said the M178 was a better engine, if the M156 had been in the W205 I would be even happier........I'm a big NA engine fan that's why I've just bought a F6 Porsche Boxster rather than a F4 turbo.

I chopped the last NA V8 that AMG produced for a production car (SLK55) in for my C63, and regret that, but don't regret buying the C63.

RR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom