Potential C63 owner...does anyone regret buying one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jraw4

Car
911 and Golf GTD
Hi all,

So I'm a newbie here and also new to MB. I have always wanted a C63 since seeing one years ago pull up next to me.

looking at the prices for a 2013 coupe I feel that they are a depreciated bargain and now is the time to live the C63 dream!

A few things I just want to ask thought as my missus is in my ear stating things like "it will cost you a fortune to run, it will kill you in winter"...you know the normal things.

My missus wants the CLA45 you see.

Just wanted to know has anyone regretted their decision to buy a C63...that's it really.

Let me know your experiences!

Cheers all

Surely you are already driving a 'Dream' car? Can't imagine a C63 will give you more thrills than a Porsche 911......

Hi Driver200 thats the slight problem, currently we have a 2013 911 cab and a 2013 Golf GTD for the economy and shopping trolly which the C63 is to replace.

We love the 911 so that can't go anywhere...but I really have a V8 C63 itch I need to scratch.

The missus thinks its stupid to have 2 cars of this type which are both RWD, loud and expensive to run.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever regretted the decision to buy one.

Hi Driver200 thats the slight problem, currently we have a 2013 911 cab and a 2013 Golf GTD for the economy and shopping trolly which the C63 is to replace.

We love the 911 so that can't go anywhere...but I really have a V8 C63 itch I need to scratch.

The missus thinks its stupid to have 2 cars of this type which are both RWD, loud and expensive to run.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever regretted the decision to buy one.

Well having owned a couple of mini-Porsches' eg Boxsters in the past I always promised myself a 911 one day. I can't comment on a C63 as have only test driven one which is not the same as living with. I too would feel slightly awkward about having both a V6 911 and a V8 MB in my garage as it will start to become difficult to choose what to drive as both are probably nightmares in the wrong weather conditions. But I still hanker for a 911 over a C63 which on the face of it are just C Classes with a big engine up front. Good luck anyway.:thumb:

Well having owned a couple of mini-Porsches' eg Boxsters in the past I always promised myself a 911 one day. I can't comment on a C63 as have only test driven one which is not the same as living with. I too would feel slightly awkward about having both a V6 911 and a V8 MB in my garage as it will start to become difficult to choose what to drive as both are probably nightmares in the wrong weather conditions. But I still hanker for a 911 over a C63 which on the face of it are just C Classes with a big engine up front. Good luck anyway.:thumb:

Is the 911 a V6? Just askin' 'cos mine's a flat 6.

DRIVER200 said:
But I still hanker for a 911 over a C63 which on the face of it are just C Classes with a big engine up front. Good luck anyway.:thumb:

But would you pick a 911 over your big engined c43 ? ;0))

I run 2 x V8 as daily cars and live with it but don't have a wife ;-) I got used to the fact that none of them is cheap to run.

C63 is very uneconomical on petrol but otherwise it's no different from standard c-class for daily driving. It's not huge, doesn't look very expensive, it's not flashy at supermarket car park, etc. And it has great soundtrack which you will love :)

Obviously, it's going to be more expensive to run than Golf but shouldn't ruin you :) It won't kill in you winter if you put winter tyres on it.

Last edited:
Tough one. 911...Epic......C63....Epic...but different.

I have had both over the years. the only one I regret buying was the 911. Not because of the driving experience, but because of how much depreciation I took in the one year of ownership ! just kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. The C63 was awesome, but if you want a brutish noisy V8 AMG that actually stays on the road....E63 my friend......

:D:D:D

I have had 3 x 911's and i like the C63 more than any of them.

Insurance is cheaper...Tax in the high band.

My Mpg is currently around 19mpg but i do a fair bit of commuting.

I would say that the only real expense is rear tyres,they absolutely destroy them.

Thanks guys great comments and appreciate these.

I'm not trying to compare it to the 911, we love that car its totally different to the C63 and thats not going anywhere, we are replacing the Golf which lets face it is just...meh!

I think what I'm getting at have you ever got bored of it and regretted it, has it been worth the extra running costs you incur.

Or do you get in it a smile like a loon every time you drive it !! maybe i'm just weird but the C63 seems to stir something in my soul that the 911 doesn't, however I wonder if that's just the initial feeling that drops off and your left driving what is an old model C Class Merc with a stupid engine in.

This is really my dilemma...I just don't want to regret buying one.

You will not regret it the engine is a masterpiece, go purchase one.

Last edited:
Thanks guys great comments and appreciate these.

I'm not trying to compare it to the 911, we love that car its totally different to the C63 and thats not going anywhere, we are replacing the Golf which lets face it is just...meh!

I think what I'm getting at have you ever got bored of it and regretted it, has it been worth the extra running costs you incur.

Or do you get in it a smile like a loon every time you drive it !! maybe i'm just weird but the C63 seems to stir something in my soul that the 911 doesn't, however I wonder if that's just the initial feeling that drops off and your left driving what is an old model C Class Merc with a stupid engine in.

This is really my dilemma...I just don't want to regret buying one.

Ask yourself.. will the C63 become a modern day classic like the 911? And when it comes to sale time would you sell the 911 or the C63?

I've had mine since new & still love it, so if you want one and can afford it test drive or buy one but be prepared for costs.

Rear tyres every 5-6000 miles at least £450 for decent ones
Service £400 - £1000 a year depending on service
Tax £500+ a year
Disks & Pads at least £1000 upto £2000 depending which ones are on your car.
Insurance depending on your age
Extended warranty £1300+ a year & rises each year
Fuel I wont even bother as its a 6.3 what do you expect

Last edited:
He is not trying to replace the 911 though..

One thing for certain,the C63 is an event everytime you go out in it.. One touch of the loud pedal and you have a stupid grin on your face. Its a very quick car in most conditions,it doesnt have the chassis dynamics of a 911 or M3,but that only comes into play at the last 10% of grip.
Rarely on the road at all.

How many miles a year are you thinking of doing in it ?

I havent found my car particularly expensive to run although im used to running 350+ bhp cars..

Tax,insurance and fuel around £60 a week mainly.... Service and MOT once a year,like i said previously rear tyres are easy to kill..

He is not trying to replace the 911 though..

One thing for certain,the C63 is an event everytime you go out in it.. One touch of the loud pedal and you have a stupid grin on your face. Its a very quick car in most conditions,it doesnt have the chassis dynamics of a 911 or M3,but that only comes into play at the last 10% of grip.
Rarely on the road at all.

How many miles a year are you thinking of doing in it ?

I havent found my car particularly expensive to run although im used to running 350+ bhp cars..

Tax,insurance and fuel around £60 a week mainly.... Service and MOT once a year,like i said previously rear tyres are easy to kill..

Spot on...its not the running costs I'm bothered about I can afford to run both cars...don't get me wrong I'm no millionaire I work hard and get paid well for it, however I don't like wasting money.

I'm all up for spunking money on stuff that gives me happiness and pleasure

What I'm worried about is buying one, loving it for a month, getting bored of it and then regretting it and feeling like its a drain.

So I'm just trying to gauge wether you guys ever regret buying one or you still love it as much as you did when you first bought it thats all.

Spot on...its not the running costs I'm bothered about I can afford to run both cars...don't get me wrong I'm no millionaire I work hard and get paid well for it, however I don't like wasting money.

I'm all up for spunking money on stuff that gives me happiness and pleasure

What I'm worried about is buying one, loving it for a month, getting bored of it and then regretting it and feeling like its a drain.

So I'm just trying to gauge wether you guys ever regret buying one or you still love it as much as you did when you first bought it thats all.

For me if I owned a 911 I wouldn't be thinking of buying another performance car just because it had two more cylinders and sounded meaner. Assume your 911 doesn't have a Sports Exhaust, if not perhaps invest in one and be happy......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom