Potential C63 owner...does anyone regret buying one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For me if I owned a 911 I wouldn't be thinking of buying another performance car just because it had two more cylinders and sounded meaner. Assume your 911 doesn't have a Sports Exhaust, if not perhaps invest in one and be happy......

Yes it has the sports exhaust, and thats not why I want one...:wallbash:

I'm not asking you guys if I should buy one, or what the running costs are...I merely wondered if any body regretted buying one that's all.

Yes it has the sports exhaust, and thats not why I want one...:wallbash:

I'm not asking you guys if I should buy one, or what the running costs are...I merely wondered if any body regretted buying one that's all.

Just use your imagination its a V8 Mercedes with a 6.3 engine pumping out loads of horses.:crazy:

Remember this is a MB Forum so most owners will love their little babies and see no wrong in them. Perhaps occasionally some owners will say they are sh*t and others will say otherwise; same with 911 Forums I guess.

Last edited:
Just use your imagination its a V8 Mercedes with a 6.3 engine pumping out loads of horses. If you want Champagne you have to pay the price, otherwise become teetotal.:crazy:

Am I missing something here :doh:

What is your 911 ?

Is it a 997 carrera 2 or 4 ?

If so,and you do buy a C63 in the end,i doubt you will drive your 911 much.

Being truthful i havent really enjoyed any of the 911's i have had,i have always thought they have been overpriced for what i had paid... And the engine paranoia got to me big time...

Gorgeous to look at,but owning one made me unhappy... If you get what i mean...lol..

What is your 911 ?

Is it a 997 carrera 2 or 4 ?

If so,and you do buy a C63 in the end,i doubt you will drive your 911 much.

Being truthful i havent really enjoyed any of the 911's i have had,i have always thought they have been overpriced for what i had paid... And the engine paranoia got to me big time...

Gorgeous to look at,but owning one made me unhappy... If you get what i mean...lol..

991 Carrera 2 cabriolet, great car, totally different thing to a C63

Just a suggestion. Assume you haven't driven any C63 yet. If that is the case why don't you check around -in the hope- that a dealership near you has one for sale and ask if you can borrow it for a couple of hours or so. Probably more likely with a main MB dealer but if you don't ask you don't get. Then you can see if your itch has been suitably scratched.

I'm not sure if you've got your answer yet but, NO, I haven't regretted buying mine 3yrs ago and don't see myself letting it go for a long while, if at all.

Running costs really aren't that crude for the type of car but none of that matters or generally enters your mind, ever.

I am always in the unfortunate position that my service, tax, MOT and insurance bleed me out within the same month, once per year but that's my only gripe and, throwing £1500ish at it once a year isn't something I'm bothered about. Mileage is low for me so I'll generally get 2yrs out of rear tires but again, reasonable cost to replace.

I'll knock on wood here (knock knock), but it is the most reliable car I've ever owned. Not one thing to complain about.

The fun part is the drive. Stsrt it up cold, the rest gets better. I love owning this sledgehammer.

991 Carrera 2 cabriolet, great car, totally different thing to a C63

I'm not sure if you've got your answer yet but, NO, I haven't regretted buying mine 3yrs ago and don't see myself letting it go for a long while, if at all.

Running costs really aren't that crude for the type of car but none of that matters or generally enters your mind, ever.

I am always in the unfortunate position that my service, tax, MOT and insurance bleed me out within the same month, once per year but that's my only gripe and, throwing £1500ish at it once a year isn't something I'm bothered about. Mileage is low for me so I'll generally get 2yrs out of rear tires but again, reasonable cost to replace.

I'll knock on wood here (knock knock), but it is the most reliable car I've ever owned. Not one thing to complain about.

The fun part is the drive. Stsrt it up cold, the rest gets better. I love owning this sledgehammer.

That sir are just the kind of things I needed to know, thank you

Spot on...its not the running costs I'm bothered about I can afford to run both cars...don't get me wrong I'm no millionaire I work hard and get paid well for it, however I don't like wasting money.

I'm all up for spunking money on stuff that gives me happiness and pleasure

What I'm worried about is buying one, loving it for a month, getting bored of it and then regretting it and feeling like its a drain.

So I'm just trying to gauge wether you guys ever regret buying one or you still love it as much as you did when you first bought it thats all.

This won't happen
Every time I think about selling I drive it and change my mind (usually doesn't move for a couple days/weeks)
One thing is for sure I never regretted it
I actually spend most of the time trying to justify buying another car as well just to keep it (losing battle)
That being said it will get replaced in the future but for now I'm undecided how I want to change, my options are keep it and run a track car (m3) or upgrade it and have a better daily (few nice options)

Never regretted owning mine, only regret selling it, bought an E63 and very very seriously considered keeping the C too. I found running costs were incredibly reasonable, in line with any other for servicing etc. and even tyres are on par with any other car with 18s or 19s, just that it can use them a bit quicker. I was lucky it was a weekend car but was and occasion whenever used.

I never regretted getting one and missed it for a bit after I changed to quieter car (really good deal on something else).

I have owned my since new and have never regretted it...apart from the fuel which can be a pain..but then with 6.2 what do u expect. I don't use it for commuting as I work offshore. Cover about av. 5k miles a year. I can't imagine changing it any time soon...it's a great car.

He is not trying to replace the 911 though..

One thing for certain,the C63 is an event everytime you go out in it.. One touch of the loud pedal and you have a stupid grin on your face. Its a very quick car in most conditions,it doesnt have the chassis dynamics of a 911 or M3,but that only comes into play at the last 10% of grip.
Rarely on the road at all.

How many miles a year are you thinking of doing in it ?

I havent found my car particularly expensive to run although im used to running 350+ bhp cars..

Tax,insurance and fuel around £60 a week mainly.... Service and MOT once a year,like i said previously rear tyres are easy to kill..

Yup, agree with all of this. The C63 is an event, even for small journeys. That sublime V8 noise, lovely steering and balance are ever-present.

Yes I've owned an 911 and that was great too. No comparison needed!

From the comment above: "C63 on the face of it are just C Classes with a big engine up front".

True enough, but by the same token, a 911 is just a VW beetle with a bigger engine and the tortion bars turned down a couple of notches..

Realistically, there are times when you will get fed-up/bored/irritated with any car after a decent period of ownership, no matter how flashy it is, or how desirable to non-owners. That's just human nature.

I'm convinced the 911 will appreciate much better than the C63, particularly in the long-term, but I've never "got" the 911 thing, so the (possible) appreciation to me wouldn't affect my buying decision.

They say "Buy what you want, and appreciate it till you don't".

Well, actually that was me, but you get my point.

I agree with all that it's an event to drive, and driving from A to B isn't just about driving from A to B. You're guaranteed a little smile somewhere, even if the destination is only 2 miles away.

I personally love this car to the point that I bought another to run alongside to save abuse.

It's still crazy the amount of attention a W204 C63 gets, something that the W205 seems to miss out on almost completely. I've had numerous people pull alongside me at traffic lights to tell me how lovely they think it sounded. Everyone is so positive about it (unless you sit in city traffic statically revving it - cringeworthy).

I actually feel sad now that I haven't driven it for 3wks and as I'm out of the UK, there's nothing I can do about that. There's a gorgeous mountain pass here and all I can think about is how I can ship my C63 here to drive it.

I know you're looking at a W204 C63, but I have a W205 C63 with the 4 litre turbo and have just bought one of the last F6 Porsche Boxster and I love both cars in totally different ways.

The Boxster is more like a scalpel and like your 911 is a convertible so you can always enjoy the summer sun. The C63 is a beast which makes me smile every time I hit the loud pedal. At present it's mainly used in the wet which is fun, but I wouldn't swap either car at the moment....well maybe if I won a shedload of money and could afford an AMG GTC.

By the way just ignore Mr C43's (DRIVER200's) comments, he's still trying to justify why he didn't spend the extra money on a proper AMG with 8 cylinders.

RR

I owned my C63 for nearly two years - zero regrets about owning it.
Loved every minute of it, and cold start always put a smirk on my face.
Running costs - nothing bad to say.
I replaced the front discs and pads about 3 months before I sold it, and they were just over £300 from Mercedes.

They make a fantastic noise, so if you do get one, leave the standard exhaust system alone.

Mine was a daily driver, rain, hail or shine, and even during the times we had a dusting of snow in the winter months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom