Potential Change over to the dark side (C63 AMG)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bmw2Merc

Car
C63 AMG
Hello folks,

I am currently in the market for a C63 AMG saloon. In either black or grey. Do not really fancy red, white or Silver (no offence)

I currently have a BMW M3 E92 coupe (manual) which I have owned for just over 2 years now.

Time for a change me thinks....

I have test driven a facelift C63 AMG at a dealership a while back. My budget is up to £26k

I am looking to trade in my M3 and jump over to the darkside. Now for my budget I don't think I can get a C63 with under 50k miles and performance pack...

Anything I need to look out for (besides the obvious) when looking to purchase one of these? I will probably buy from a private dealer then get additional warranty from a 3rd party company such as warranty wise etc.

Cheers,

The debate of performance pack or not will roll on and on.

Just make sure you test drive a few and then you will know what suits best.

Think you will be lucky to pick up a facelift for 26K....but i could be wrong.

Are you saying your budget is 26k plus your M3? Can't see you getting a facelift for that money.

The debate of performance pack or not will roll on and on.

Just make sure you test drive a few and then you will know what suits best.

Think you will be lucky to pick up a facelift for 26K....but i could be wrong.

I test drove a facelift. Do not think I can get one for £26k...

Sorry if I confused anyone lol:fail

Not sure performance pack is the be all and end all as has been discussed many times. Personally I would look for a well maintained C63 with a good history :thumb:

Not sure performance pack is the be all and end all as has been discussed many times. Personally I would look for a well maintained C63 with a good history :thumb:

Totally agree. Then just get the Eurocharged Re-map and a Quaife LSD and your laughing........Maybe not the Kudos of the PP but saved a few quid in the process.

How much more performance out of a remap? I have been reading that the PP is 30 more horse?

What is the price and labour for a qualife LSD?

and finally what is meant by 'Anti-slip regulation' does this mean an LSD is fitted as a few I have looked at have this in the description

How much more performance out of a remap? I have been reading that the PP is 30 more horse?

What is the price and labour for a qualife LSD?

and finally what is meant by 'Anti-slip regulation' does this mean an LSD is fitted as a few I have looked at have this in the description

500-520 with a good remap.

Quaife is about £1,200 fitted..... usually group buys on the forum so keep your eye out :thumb:

wow a potential 50 more bhp from one remap?

Thats the sort of figure from a turbo remap? I am not complaining but how is this possible?

There is a dedicated thread on this forum regarding tuning (worth a read).

The standard C63 was deliberately detuned by MB........ 50-70 bhp gains are pretty common on our cars.

I am no expert, but plenty on here can give you the ins and outs of how and why :thumb:

There is a dedicated thread on this forum regarding tuning (worth a read).

The standard C63 was deliberately detuned by MB........ 50-70 bhp gains are pretty common on our cars.

I am no expert, but plenty on here can give you the ins and outs of how and why :thumb:

Probably so they can flog more of the ridiculously priced 507's.... I don't understand how they can be the best part of £19K more than the standard C63.

The 507 is 10K more than a standard car- that 10k gives you one off wheels, black series bonnet, alcantara interior, upgraded engine internals and 507 bhp, plus its a de-restricted car - not overly bad value to me.

http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger-cars/pricelists/c-class-coupe.pdf

Is the 507 a "black" edition or is that something completely different?

so basically the remap will "unlock" the engine to its full built potential...

on another note... I guess after sale warranty is a must.

Thanks for all your help guys. My search continues...
Should I be put off by 40k plus mileage? Are there any know faults to be aware off?

Also a few cars I have been looking at do not have the 19" alloys with it. Are these easy to source? I have seen a set on ebay go for £1600 and thats just the alloys without tyres.

You could always go aftermarket wheels HRE etc
Some people say the ride is more comfortable with the 18s. Personally i prefer the 19's just for the look.
Just get a few test drives in and see what you think, whichever you end up with you will love it i am sure.

I have both - (oem) the 19s look far superior (in my opinion of course) - I cannot really tell a difference in ride apart from the 19s have a lower profile tyre fitted as standard so they would be a tiny bit softer but its not noticeable to me.

Don't be confused by Performance Pack and Performance Pack Plus..... only the later has the extra bhp and superior engine specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom