Potential Fuel Price Rise?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If this kicks off fuel price rises will be the least of our worries.
Not sure how much it could kick off before Russia steps in to support Iran.

Flat out denial was always going to happen as per the Salisbury Novichok (sp) incident or Malaysian Airline Flight 17. One can almost hear the advice from the Kremlin to Tehran; 'Just deny it. They have no proof it was you and even if they do, what can they actually do about it?'

As for fuel price, if the price of crude oil goes up, it will knock on to price at the pump. Always does.

From the above: ''The other tanker, the Norwegian-owned Front Altair, remained adrift, on fire and abandoned by its crew after Iranian patrol boats chased off civilian tugs that had come to tow it to port.''

I think they actually boarded the vessel.
But, and I'm not immediately falling in line with the USA's blaming of Iran (John Bolton is so on for war with Iran, anything is possible) but why did the Iranians repel tugs and board the ship? Why are they even there?

Overlooked in the articles is the fact that there two boats are the fifth and sixth to be attacked. Four earlier (last week?) suffered less damage (and it is reckoned that intimate knowledge of the ships' constructions were key in limiting the damage) so the more recent attacks represent an escalation in that sense. What next?

This is bit I don't get.

I'll use a metaphor:

Known fact: Man pets dog on head. Dog wags tail.

Person A: "Dogs like to be pet on the head".

Person B: "An alien ship landed nearby at that precise moment, and zapped the dog with a special tail-wagging ray gun. The government and the media censored this fact, leading the public to falsly believe that dogs like to be pet on the head, which is obviously completely untrue".

And somehow, person B resonates much better on the Internet than person A.

REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather not mention names of any particular politicians ;)

But definitely - both globally and in the UK - there are large parts of the population who harbour anti-Western sentiments.

The politicians who are after these people's vote will typically doubt the credibility of any intelligence pointing at one of the West's opponents, and at the same time will gladly and unquestionably accept any anti-West rumours as fact.

Iran has shot down an American drone over the Strait Of Hormuz. USA say it was in international airspace, Iran that it was in Iranian airspace.

Mike Pompeo taking Iran at 'face value' when they say 'death to America'. Another Gulf war over fantastical rhetoric that would never be enacted?

Guys come on! you have been here long enough to know, not to mention politics - specifically naming party leaders on here (outside of the Politics thread). :(

And I was going through the thread and was wandering why so many people write in a post "REMOVED". After the third I started thinking it is some sort of a secret code and was scratching my head thinking OMG I got involved with some secret society.
Scroll a bit more.
Oh it's you. LOL

Can't remember what I posted to warrant it being removed. It's never my intention to breach the forum rules or offend. So my apologies.

Reactions: 219
_107469958_navy_triton.jpg

US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile

At an estimated $222.7 million per aircraft thats going to make a hole in someone's budget.
Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk - Wikipedia
It might have actually been the later navy developed MQ-4C designed to sometimes fly at lower altitude and thus more vulnerable to being brought down?
Northrop Grumman MQ-4C Triton - Wikipedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom