Potential new CLS AMG owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIRMA

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RCF
Hi,
Just like to say hello, I'm in the market for a CLS AMG as I am about to become my daughters long distance University taxi. At the moment I own an Esprit V8 (which is for sale on Pistonheads) and a Boxster.

My wife has a Beetle so we do not have a decent long distance comfortable car and I think the CLS AMG will fit the bill nicely. I've looked at a couple but want the vented seats/dynamic feature and four zone heating/cooling as I tend to drive with the heater off and both the wife and daughter moan about being cold so hopefully the 4 zone thingy will keep the peace.

So far the cars I have seen seem to have disc problems and I'm having a job getting the price of obvious replacement knocked off the asking price.
In fact one dealer in Wokingham tried to confuse me by stating the MOT advisory about the discs was cured by fitting new pads bless him.

The hunt goes on for a decent car for my budget of £20K. Don't mind spending money on looking after the cars properly but hate wasting money on depriciation call me tight but thats the cut of my jib.

The 4 zone climate is standard on the 55AMG according to the price list so something odd going on if the ones you're looking at don't have it. It's on the one I have a deposit on and not listed as an extra on the original invoice which supports this.

Given the standard kit on these don't get too hung up on extras, I'd say the only must haves were parktronic and probably command, condition being most important on what are now quite old cars rather than a few seem like a good idea at the time toys. Ooh, the 19"s are nice if you like that sort of thing.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the welcomes, I did start a thread on Pistonheads about the CLS AMG to which C240Sport90 has very helpfully contributed. I have now extended my search and upped my budget to include the CLS63 just in case a nice 55 becomes hard to find although I think I will miss the supercharger bit though with that model. As I mentioned in my first post the priority for me personally is the vented/massage seats as I find long distance in the summer a bit of a pain.

Hi BIRMA, welcome to the forum, great car choice, and your location could not be better as your not far from one of the best indies.

Good luck with your search

Hi,welcome to the forum:thumb:

I quite like the look of the CLS63 which is in all black for sale at Enigma Cars. Can anyone tell me what performance pack calipers are? they look smaller than the standard.

I don't think the CLS63 (219) had a 'performance pack' option.

neither was differently coloured brake calipers available as an option.

I don't think the CLS63 (219) had a 'performance pack' option.

neither was differently coloured brake calipers available as an option.

It looks like someone may have 'pimped it up' then that could be a bad sign but it was owned by Mercedes. I don't suppose any members of this forum are local to to are they?

"May have", understatement of the year mate and the dealer is stupid enough to think all that crap it's covered in adds value.

The standard 63 brakes are what was sold as part of the performance pack on the 55 in other markets and are the ones that cost a fortune to replace.

Last edited:
the Enigma cars CLS63 is overpriced .. more than the 2 CLS63s on Mercedes's used car locator.

Thanks, is it overpriced if it only has 24K miles. Are they carbon ceramic ?

Last edited:
Thanks, is it overpriced if it only has 24K miles. Are they carbon ceramic ?

yes, overpriced at 24k miles. One on MB at £27k has 16k miles (08 reg) and will have1 year MB warranty.

no carbon ceramics on 219.

Probably me being thick but could I have a link as I can't find a link

This is the one I have a deposit on, 2006, 35k miles at main dealer. Options are 19"s, Comand, cd changer, phone prep, parktronic and exclusive nappa (?). Not a lot but with all the standard AMG stuff, ie memory, 4 zone etc, not really bothered about anything else.

CLS55sm_zps60d2dcab.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom