Potential purchase thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benlucas

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E55 Brilliant Silver Metallic
Hi - started looking at the W205 C63. Budget £40-45k.

Thoughts on 1.) this or 2.) this

Also, what can I expect from a remap?

Cheers, Ben.

Both look great.

Not a C63 expert, but on a general note when buying a W205 I would look for a Premium Plus car (as opposed to Premium). Hope this helps.

Although judging from the Burmester speakers and touchpad.... it seems the cars are actually Premium Plus?

"Premium Plus is based on Premium, and adds Burmester[emoji768] surround sound system, COMAND Online with touchpad, 8.4-inch high-resolution colour display, navigation with 3D map and internet connectivity."

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Saloon: Equipment

Thanks Mark :) (and for the link) - not being an expert on them myself I was trying to find as fully loaded as possible. Burmester/Comand/Sunroof seems a good spec. and as you say they both appear to be Premium Plus although only one states it has Comand, but as it does come with the Burmester, I assume the full package in your link.

Both nice IMO, but I'm biased having bought one in black with very similar spec 12 months ago. Although mine is an estate. Estates look even nicer ;-) . Mine doesn't have the 360 though, which would've been a nice to have tbh.
Don't think the c63 has a premium plus pack so to speak. The premium includes the plus stuff on the C63 I believe . Happy to be corrected on this, but when buying mine that's what I was told as it was listed as premium plus but on reg docs it comes up as premium. I paid slightly less than the one from hippo last Oct but 16 plate and higher miles.

Thanks Saddy - how has yours been if you don't mind me asking? Good/bad points? Any photos?

Your best bet is to get the VIN for both cars and check the Datacard for actual factory spec.

IMG_8595.jpgIMG_9018.jpgIMG_9021.jpgIMG_7603.JPGIMG_7602.JPG

Yeh it’s been great. I use it as a daily and makes going to work in the mornings that little bit easier. Cabin and inside is well documented for having a few rattles. Whilst this is poor and initially bothered me a little I’ve accepted it now and non fussed. It makes you smile every time you drive it, and it’s a bit of a sleeper too. Which I like.
Not had any faults bar a window switch covered under g’tee. Touch wood.

All good really. Only down side is visiting the petrol station more regular .. Haha. Even said on run I have managed 33/34 mpg from it even loaded up,which is pretty impressive I think considering .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saddy, that's a NICE motor :)

Hi Ben,

What made you get it down to those 2 vehicles? Different sides to the country and one mb and the other not. Obviously both black/night package but I can see they both have switchable exhaust if thats what you are looking for.

Staying with MB approved used is going to get you a 2 year warranty so worth bearing in that in mind. Buying a 2016 vehicle you are effectively losing the benefit of one of those years because the car will already have one year left of its 3 year warranty - of course dependent on when it was registered. Buy a 2015 vehicle (from MB) at the end of its manufacturer warranty you will still get a 2 year warranty. The main point is if a 2015 car comes along with same mileage and same spec as a 2016 then from a warranty perspective your not losing any benefit and should pick it up cheaper.

W205 C63s broke the 40k mark quite nicely in the last 6 months and with good reason coming to 3 years old. MB used cars I have found can be quite variable in their prices - roughly 2.5 to 5k difference and really there is no explanation. If you keep hitting MB used site and are patient the right cars can come up at the right price.

Spec wise all I would say is if your intent is to find a car with certain toys then be flexible. Althought a lot of cars have the premium pack and night package you will be hard pressed to find a premium pack with night package AND exhaust AND 360 cam AND HUD - those last 3 I consider to be options (toys!). You will find there are a few without premium pack and they dont sell very quickly so definitely not worthy considering one of those as it will be difficult to sell on unless your on a tight budget. So your (toys) option should be exhaust or 360 cam or hud on top of premium and night package. If you can find a car with 2 of those extra toys then lovely.

I dont think until 2018 there was premium and premium plus but could be wrong. IMO you find a car (assuming 2015-2016) with Burmeister/pano then thats the pack and at that point I think the car should have comand online. Mercedes dont help with their used vehicle specs because you expect them to be exact and they are not - all the dealers list spec differently either omitting or adding detail and so its confusing.

Regarding night package....on a black car actually for the most part you are benefiting really only from the window trim/b pillars and front bumper trim. In some ways non black cars benefit greater from the night package. What i mean is that night package has black mirror housing and I think black side skirt trim...so if your car is black then?? There are a lot of cars without night package so if you get hard pressed you could consider getting a non-night package car but trimming it aftermarket - those cars are generally cheaper. I was quoted about 450 to do the rear windows, chrome window trim at least (not front bumper trim).

Cars with 19 wheels always seem to be overpriced IMO. It must be a visual thing.

I have bought 2 cars in the last 3 months, both black with night package. One a 2016 plate which went back and the other a 2015 plate. Both had the same mileage. The 2016 had HUD and 360. The 2015 switchable exhaust. there was a 4.5k price difference between both of them and actually the 2016 plate is now up at 1k more.

The interior coupled with price and spec makes me say option 1. Much prefer the look of the saloon to an estate, less of a hearse [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Edit..

Nice AMG. That service truck your neighbour's got ain't cheap either.

img_9018-jpg.79746

upload_2018-9-18_18-36-42.pngupload_2018-9-18_18-37-48.pngupload_2018-9-18_18-38-18.png
2nd car has been sold but managed to get the spec sheet on the Hippo one. So does it have the Burmester option as I can only see 810 Premium Sound System (and no separate tweeters are visible in the photos) although it does have Comand :confused:

Last edited:
Burmester should be 810 so yes. It is also identifiable by the speaker grilles.

Thanks - it does have the silver grilles; just wondered why no separate tweeters are visible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom