Potential SLK Purchase-Advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
My partner and I are going to look at a 2014 SLK250Cdi AMG Sport shortly.
Having owned an R230 and luckily never suffered any roof leaks I was wondering if the SLK (R172) suffered in the same way. I'm aware of the mods, which I did for the R230's roof/rear window seals and regularly used Gummi Pflede and Krytox on the seals, so I would do the same on an SLK. Do SLKs suffer with a similar flaw?
Also, beside the usual checks on a used car, is there anything specific I need to look at on the SLK prior to a possible purchase?

Yes stop looking at diesel's and get the AMG......Good luck with the viewing hope you get what you want.

Tony.

We had a 2013 SLK250CDi on a 3 year lease. Didn't have any faults in just over 20k miles, no roof leaks at all.
Wheels easy to curb together with gouges in tyre side walls.
Avoid red paint due to micro blistering.
The diesel is actually quite a quick car with 200ish bhp & 500N torques and 50+ mpg
Would have another again in the future.

My wife has had her R172 SLK55 for a few months now (bought used and it's now almost 18 months old) and it gives every impression that it is & will be as rock solid build quality-wise as her previous R171 SLK350.

As such, I'd just make sure everything that's fitted works, that it's the right spec and price and then buy it!

The great thing about diesel cars today is the excellent soundproofing that makes you and your passengers wonder if the car really is a diesel, but step out of the car with the engine running and you instantly know it's a diesel! Will a convertible diesel mean you will always know its a diesel? Something to consider when you go on a test drive, drop the roof.

You want to put your foot down in the diesel it flys as for being noisy the Dec 13 onwards cars had a different top end which made them a lot quieter . Mine is fantastic pulls like a train , very good mpg . Can't say a bad thing about . Nice ride , good build . Buy one .
Michael.

You want to put your foot down in the diesel it flys as for being noisy the Dec 13 onwards cars had a different top end which made them a lot quieter . Mine is fantastic pulls like a train , very good mpg . Can't say a bad thing about . Nice ride , good build . Buy one .
Michael.

We did-3 weeks ago.......and loving it...So torquey, it's fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom