Poundland tycoon could help sell your house for just £390

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I were selling my house I would choose good over cheap I think.

If he got is off the ground and it drove down estate agent prices more generally, it would be a good thing.

He's certainly made a success of the (relatively recent) Poundland.

I would pay much more if the people involved in a house sale/purchase actually fulfilled their roles in a timely manner.

My last house move cost a load of money due to the total ineptitude of most of the people involved. Mainly the water company who insisted that the house was connected to a septic tank and not main drains, even though they'd connected it to the mains themselves not three years ago. And refunded me for the (non) services I'd been paying for. Eventually got it sorted but three months later than it should have been.

I hope it works for this guy. Seems a sensible sort of person with his head screwed on.

Remember reading an article a while ago about him (probably also in the Mail <sorry>) about his car choices. Never buys new, always lets someone else take the initial depreciation. :)

My experience of estate agents is that they are good at advertising, showing people around, but not great at driving the deal to close. Compared however to very cheap conveyancers they are brilliant. My vendors' conveyancer was so slow only a credible threat to reduce the price of the house by a £1000 per day it was late for exchange and completion (exchange took a month longer than the leisurely timetable planned and looked set to go on for another month) got the thing speeded up.

Cheap can mean efficient, but it can also mean totally lousy. Frankly I wouldn't pay such a tiny sum, no-one can do a good job at that price.

Now, if he had antiques auctioneers in his sights...

Last edited:
Estate Agents are useless on the whole. If this guy puts them all out of jobs or makes them sort their industry out, it can only be a good thing.

Cheap can mean efficient, but it can also mean totally lousy. Frankly I wouldn't pay such a tiny sum, no-one can do a good job at that price.

I once used a cheap internet/postal solicitor for conveyancing (£100+VAT+disbursements) for a £75K repo purchase.

Cost - good, service - bad.

Luckily there was no time pressure and no chain, otherwise...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom