Powder coated calipers - keeping them clean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cb1965

Banned
Car
N/A
My calipers are powder coated yellow. When clean they look superb, but they get dirty quickly.

The only way I have found to clean them is to remove the wheels and get to work on them.

I don't mind doing this, but what is the best product to use to clean brake dust etc. off them?

And is there anything I can coat them with to make them more resistant to residue build up?

Already tried gTechniq wheel sealant, but that seems to have no effect on either the calipers or the wheels frankly!

I was going to suggest a sealant until I got to the last line of your post... Never tried gtechnique myself, but would of thought that would have at least made a difference on the wheels....

Might be worth trying another sealant?

In terms of the actual cleaning, the best method would a long brush or wheel woolies to reach to all parts of the caliper - probably will require moving the car (wheel position) to do the top of the caliper first & then bottom..

Wheel Woolies and normal car shampoo (gTechniq or Meg's) work great for me.

Try Finish Kare High-Temp 1000p, I use it on wheels and it's perfect. When applied correctly might help you shift all the dirt easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom