Powder Coating Recommendations - South East

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SavMan

Authorised Forum Sponsor
Car
E55K AMG
Can anyone recommend a good powder coating company preferable in the London/surrounding London area, want to get my valve covers and intakes coated.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Can anyone recommend a good powder coating company preferable in the London/surrounding London area, want to get my valve covers and intakes coated.

There is a place in Brockley that I use mate. Will sort you out his number tomorrow :thumb:

Good job and very good prices :)

Paul, check out most alloy wheel refurbers they do it too...

Paul, I want to get mine done too! Need to replace the Valve covers seals and while I am at it, was thinking of getting them powder coated and the surge tanks.

Have checked GG Powder coating (the one you mentioned the other day) and they seem ok.

Let me know if you get them done before I do!

Cheers

Don

Will go down to see them this week and get an idea of costs and timeframe.

GG have given me rough turnaround and prices but it would also depend on the actual pieces and whether they would need to blast first and number of colours/masking required.

For both Valve Covers to be blasted and coated a single solid colour and both intake/plenum so be blasted and coated in two solid colours inclusive of masking.
Rough quote of £200 turnaround 5-7 days.

Thanks for the update Paul, those are the parts I need done too. 5-7 is longer than I hoped and also a bit more costlier... May have to leave it for a bit

normally cast has to be vapour blasted I looked into it powder coating, and decided wet finish would be better, best to zinc prime the cast bits, then red primer, and red enamel, if your doing Red that is ... mask up everything the amg letters just cover with vaseline to save masking, then just peels off when dry, all the paint from halfords, costs about £45, finish is great, and all the colour matches. just make sure you really clean the parts before painting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom