Power Assisted Steering Fluid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercedes-2010

Car
Mercedes W204 350 cdi AMG Sport
I have today had my 2013 C Class 350 Cdi AMG Sport serviced by my local garage and not my local dealer. Up until now the car has full MB service history.
Saved a packet I might add and MB originak parts and oil used too!
I also asked them to change the PAS fluid, not for any reason other than 55k on the clock.
This was well worth doing for the minimal cost as the steering is now much lighter and I feel confident knowing that it has been done.

A much neglected part of the car. I changed the fluid on mine , the stuff that came out was as thin as coffee , the same colour as coffee and stunk. No record of it ever being replaced . It's just about one litre, easy to do and not difficult DIY. People might forget there is a pump in there with valves and seals that need looking after. Or buy a new/refurb steering rack when it fails.

I have seen that some change the fluid reservoir/overflow tank on older cars at the same time as there is a filter moulded inside it . In the USA the fluid and tank can be bought as a service kit on the aftermarket. I don't think MB do a kit.

Not sure if I felt a difference in the feel of the wheel , but I am sure it made less noise on full lock at parking speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom