Power Command Modulator Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FIRSTPOWER

Car
SL500 R230
HI ALL can any one tell me how to remove the command modulator which is in the boot offside i need to remove some of the trim around it to gain asses ? SL 500 R230 steve.

HI MALCOLM
NOT what i can see it is the unit that controls the charge to the battery at the moment it is working from the smart charger, the unit is placed behind the offside rear boot carpet i need to get the carpet out to gain assess, the arm that controls the roof is in front of the carpet is what is making things difficult many thanks steve.

Last edited:
OK it will be one of these.

The rear parts come off first and then the sides, after that you can take off the front panel if needed.

I will get this printed off for you tomorrow.

You will see references to the boot having to be in the service mode.

This is not true as you can let the boot open from the front, and turn off, or stop before the roof comes down.

I have stripped the boot before now and you have all of the room that you need by working over the rear wings.

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp?TP=1&F=230475&M=113%2E963&GA=722%2E633&CT=F&cat=65P&SID=54&SGR=077&SGN=06

Last edited:
When you see that I am on air in the morning, after I have woken up,,I can send you the details,they are printed off now, but it would be better if I can ring you or you me, somethings are hard to explain

HI.MALCOLM

OK i can see the part my number is thanks,steve.

Last edited:
I will need an Email address, you can put that up here and take it away in "Edit" once I have it, you can then let me have your landline phone number Via Email as its easier to talk over some parts of the paper.

I can do this job now in my sleep:):)

OK and sent, please edit and remove the details above

Remove partition cover details sent, If you get stuck on the damage I can see if I have something. At least nothing will need coding and it will be a plug and play, with your only resets being the windows when you are done

best regards

HI MALCOLM
GOT every think out went to lift boot message came up close boot separator i have placed a dowel in the slot so the button is right back any ideas .steve.

It was nice talking to you yesterday :) and you got there :)

I think it was magic when I rang you back and we both thought of the extra safety lock at the same time.

I got the roof down today and have taken a picture of the rear fuse box, as said I do not know if it will help as your car is later than mine, if you can see what is off please let me know

Attachments

• Picture 725.jpg
    Picture 725.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 35
Hi Malcolm
First MANY Thanks For Your Help Yesterday .:)

Yes I Can See The Two Wires The Large Yellow Wire And The One To The Right SMALL BLACK WRAPPED WIRE That Has The Connection Joint On The Top,on Mine Both Of Them Go In To THE BACK OF The Box You Have TAKEN THE TOP FROM I Can Not See What They Do. Regards Steve.

Last edited:
It was a pleasure yesterday :) the large yellow is a vacuum pipe that locks the armrest lid, that I am sure of.

I have not removed any box on mine, but I can check on where they go in the morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom