Power feed to boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fifthwheel

Car
c180
Hi all, looking to feed a tracker power supply in the boot of a W204. saloon. I can see a panel with fuses behind the door in the trim on the offside rear wing, has anybody taken a feed from the panel without upsetting the canbus? I would like to feed from there if I can as thats where the tracker is. I had thought of taking a fused supply from the battery pos but its a long way and dont want it to look untidy. Any thoughts.

Check the fuse assignment chart for a free fuseway in the rear SAM. you can get the correct connector from MB. The tracker draws so little current I'd imagine any free fuse would be suitable

Check the fuse assignment chart for a free fuseway in the rear SAM. you can get the correct connector from MB. The tracker draws so little current I'd imagine any free fuse would be suitable

Will check that out thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry should have said any 'permanently live' fuse should be suitable..

Be careful with some of the circuits in that fusebox, they turn of about 20mins after the car turns off. (most of the ones on the top (optional) green connector for instance)

R

I know this is an old post but I didnt fit the tracker after all it was just cheap Chinese tat. I have since bought a far better one I have found four fuses in the centre of the rear SAM. I have looked for the fuse layout chart in the car and have also looked online but not found much. I tested fuses 42-44-45-46 they are showing 12v with the ign key out and the boot lid open. Could anyone tell me what they do they range from 7.5 to 30 amp. Am I being too cautious should I just hook up to the 30 amp with a 2 amp fuse in the piggy back. Thanks John.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom