Power lost after dealer flashed ECU and replaced EGR on 05 W211 E320 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeybagel

I have a US version 2005 W211 E320 CDI and had the known problem with the EGR valve causing the car to go in limp mode. Took the car in under warranty to the dealer and they replaced the EGR and flashed and SCN coded the ECU with the current software per DTB article, however since I got the car back it does not seem to have quite the power it did. I initially thought they reset the ECU adaptation and it would recover over time, but that has not happened yet. Before at 40MPH the turbo would come in really hard, but now it seems to come in much softer and doesn't have quite the power it did.

Did the mechanics incorrectly install something or is this a characterisitic of the newer ECU software?

To someone that had not driven the car before it is probably not noticable, but to me it is very noticeable. Also, I haven't had the car quite one year, so could it be the winter fuel difference causing it to feel different?

Thanks

Maybe car was chipped and its now back to standard mb tune?

Lynall

There's a chance that it could've been chipped, and they removed the software as Lynall said. If the car is functioning properly but just doesn't feel quite as strong... then there's a strong chance that this is the case.

It may have had a software upgrade, The "update" will overwrite any MOD file that may have been on the ECU . The update can take time to build but if its only for the EGR then i can't see why this would be a problem as the dealer would not drop any pressures.

Kind Regards *** Tuning

Dyno shows the real amount of power and torque.

Contact the previous owner if possible and ask if/where it was mapped, most company's offer a free or cheap re-map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom