Power steering failure - W245 / B170 / 2007 - what and how to check

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

janz

Car
B170
Hi all , ive had a warning message come up and lost the power steering - any ideas where the electric PAS motor is located to check connections and wd40..
Assuming cold damp weather is getting at electrics as the boot wouldn't open the other day and sometimes unlocks itself as well
I Know I need to check the fuse - is the PAS fuse no24 ? any others associated with the PAS?

Thanks for any help you can give

Not an MB but the symptoms were the same. Our little Toyota Yaris runabout did the same. It was not getting much use at the time , I jumped in it one day and the power steering did not work, a few day's later the battery wouldn't hold charge. This happened a few times.

Long story short is it was basically a duff battery which was caused by a faulty alternator which I replaced. I have since discovered a red 'P' should have lit up on the dash but for some reason did not. Helpfully the owners manual say's "...power steering fault take car to Toyota..." :doh:.

Pretty bad really as the steering just stops being electrically assisted as you are driving along, It's something I could handle because I am a big strong lad ;)🤗, had it happened to the previous owner (my elderly mother in law) she would have not been able to turn the wheel.

Check the condition of the battery and good luck :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom