Power steering fluid reservoir cap query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paddyflan

Car
CLK 270Cdi Coupe
Hi All

I have a 2006 c class s203 estate, and I have been having issues with noisy power steering.
The noise was due to air in the power steering lines, which I removed by carrying out a flush with new fluid.

My question is , does the reservoir cap have an o_ring in it?. I ask because the reservoir was very oily on the surface with signs of oil running down to the lower tray, and the air must have got into the system some how.
My cap has no gasket or seal or oring in place, and I was wondering if this was my problem.

Any help appreciated

Paddy

Paddy There would need to be a gasket on the pump lid . Not so much for air but to stop oil leaking out .If to much oil is put in the pump over time it will overflow out . Your best bet is to purchase a new screw on pass cap,, it will come with a seal inside it .

The reservoir cap has a flat rubber seal that fits in the recess in the cap, it has two cut outs in it to match those in the cap. Probably to stop it twisting on closing.

normally air in the Power steering is removed by turning lock to lock, unless there is a leak from the rack etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom