Power Steering Fluid Top-up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

herbies

Hi all, brand new to MB and obviously this forum!! Looking for some help on a simple task for my w210 e240 2001 - need to check my power steering fluid level but dont have a clue where to check and how to top up. Can someone help please - pics would be great. I have had a look but don't want to '****' it up by mixing something with power steering fluid!!!!! Help!

Not sure about a w210 but on my W124 its a sort of coffee mug sized thing near the front of the engine with a black knob on top. clean any crud off the outside before undoing the lid in case you drop anything in the reservoir.

With the steering straight, you will see maximum and minimum marks. As for what to use , the Haynes manual says "Mercedes Benz Lenkgetriebeol (0009898803)" but I have used STP power steering fluid for the last two years with no problems.

Thanks Spike - anyone got a pic of a w210 engine bay with key items marked please? Or a link maybe?

Can anyone help with this please? I appreciate that this may not be rocket science to the majority!!!

Have you looked in your owner's manual - should be a diagram in there?

HTH,

Will

you're kidding right?? The only advice it offers as a rule is stealership/stealership/stealership!!!!

its the silver tub front right of the pic

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom