Power steering fluid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Anyone know what MB uses for their power steering fluid? i.e. make and type?

I can't find it anywhere in the manual (can find all the other fluids, but not the steering fluid). I'm thinking it's going to be close to the ATF type.

I'm trying to find out from a few stealers but they are slow in getting back to me :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Matt.

I think you are right, most manufacturers use ATF fluid as power steering fluid. But I would want to be 100% sure before putting it in my motor.

hmm - the only help i can offer here is the stock Haynes "refer to mercedes" comment.

for the W124 they list it as Mercedes-Benz Lengketriebeol (000 989 88 03)

Don't know how much help that is or what those numbers mean :)

Andy

On mine there is a little stubby dip stick... but I knew something was wrong as the steering has gone very heavy, like a soft tire.

Hi Matt,
I have the little dip stick, but on some cars you have to screw lid on then unscrew it to read the level. Other cars you just rest the lid on the screw thread but dont actually screw it on.

Also, some have to have engine running whilst others you check it with engine off.

Wheres Zerocool when you need him.

I read mine with the engine off and the dip stick screwed in, then took it out and wiped it and done it again. Still only 1/4 full

Don't want to worry you Matt, but this happened on my C43 & it turned out to be the steering box (Warranty).

I'd be more concerned about where the fluid has gone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom