Power steering reservoir cap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tlzeebub

Car
2003 S320CDi, Ducati916
I seem to have a very small leak of power steering fluid coming past the seal on the cap it's very small just a misting of oil, so I rang my local stealer who told me that the cap only comes with the reservoir which I dont mind but then he went on to tell me that the reservoir only comes with the pump, surely this cant be right anyone know any different?

I can only compare this to a 98 S210 E320 petrol.

This is a cap with a hose coming out of it and a filter connected below?

Why is it leaking from there? It's not filled to the top is it?
It's not pressurised so it shouldn't be throwing oil out, it shouldn't be leaking even if the cap were loose. The seal should be a rubber gasket in the cap.
It's supposed to be filled to the mark, about halfway, do you not have a dipstick on it?
I have one on mine and its seal is less than perfect - but it is not leaking.

I'm thinking there's an MB part no on the bottle. I cannot see any reason why is would only come with the pump, they are not an integrated unit. I could be wrong, but I have got enough odd small bits from MB.

I can only compare this to a 98 S210 E320 petrol.

This is a cap with a hose coming out of it and a filter connected below?

Why is it leaking from there? It's not filled to the top is it?
It's not pressurised so it shouldn't be throwing oil out, it shouldn't be leaking even if the cap were loose. The seal should be a rubber gasket in the cap.
It's supposed to be filled to the mark, about halfway, do you not have a dipstick on it?
I have one on mine and its seal is less than perfect - but it is not leaking.

I'm thinking there's an MB part no on the bottle. I cannot see any reason why is would only come with the pump, they are not an integrated unit. I could be wrong, but I have got enough odd small bits from MB.

Thanks jefrs my cap doesnt have anything connected to it just a dipstick, the level is ok maybe I'll try a different stealer today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom