Power supply front lower dash panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
E320 cdi s211 2005...previous car:Mercedes S350 2004
Hi, i have just purchased my vehicle a few months ago and have only just found the 12 volt power supply is not working, this is the one like a cigarette lighter in the lower front dash panel, it has a flip top, tried it on all key positions, and nothing, any ideas please?... regards Franklyn...

Hi, i have just purchased my vehicle a few months ago and have only just found the 12 volt power supply is not working, this is the one like a cigarette lighter in the lower front dash panel, it has a flip top, tried it on all key positions, and nothing, any ideas please?... regards Franklyn...

Just had a similar problem on a friends car, More than likely just a fuse in the front fuse panel. Possibly fuse #54 should be 15a

Ok, many thanks guys, I would have tried the fuses at the weekend, only hope the fuse is the problem, regards Franklyn...

Looked at fuse #54 in the front box under the bonnet and thats ok, but the owners manual say the main fuse box is at the end of the dash n/s, but i tried to remove it but it was holding fast and i was reluctant to use more force, any ideas please.....regards Franklyn.

1. Make sure you got the correct end of the dash,
2. If you can't see a screw holding it in place, just give it some beans with a flat blade screw driver.

Mick it is the end of the N/S dash panel where the door closes on it, there is a small cut out for a flat blade but i was reluctant to force it open, it looked like it was closed with velcro ? also there is a decal on it saying airbag beware.... so its on the end of the passenger side dash panel...N/S, I am just worried i might damage it....

Don't worry too much, if you break it (which is unlikely) a new one from the dealer will probably only be a few quid and even cheaper off eBay if your lucky enough to find one.

Took car to Indy garage, they did a obd II test on it [ star ] and found the earth system to the aux power supply to the front and rear boot not supplying, so it could be the actual power sockets that are faulty, but the one in the rear seat area is working fine, [ rear of centre console ] all fuses are fine,

Life is never easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom