Power tailgate open 2 inch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesPGUK

Car
C220 AMG PPlus 2015 & 2016 GLC 250 PPlus
Any button and the boot opens about 2 inch and stops? Manually lift open and it works when pressing button to close. Just won’t open properly. Help!

Any button and the boot opens about 2 inch and stops? Manually lift open and it works when pressing button to close. Just won’t open properly. Help!

You sometimes have to ‘reset’ it, mine started doing it after the respray.

Sorry can’t help with the procedure, I just opened and closed it loads of times. Held the button for XYZ seconds hoping something would do it. Eventually it started working.

Try disconnecting the battery maybe?

Hi thanks for reply. Had it up and down a few times and held buttons but no joy.

Strange just been recalled for airbag and 3 days later tailgate plays up and engine light has come on for DPF. In car for 6 hours today and it’s not cleared. No Regen. Nightmare

Can you confirm the model and year of your vehicle please?

December 2014 w204k C220 estate AMG premium plus. Thanks

December 2014 w204k C220 estate AMG premium plus. Thanks

Try resetting the ‘open limit’, when you get it fully open reset the ‘limit’ as the video below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi thanks for responding. Tried reset but don’t get any sounds and it still not working.

May be a coincidence but we’ve just had the airbag fix done and within a week the boot failed and I’m told I need a NOX sensor on the exhaust (engine management light come on). So with the tail gate and sensor it may be an expensive month.

Mercedes said without even looking at it that a part has failed on one side and will need replacing. I asked about the cost and they would not say without booking it in and looking at it. I asked if it’s the part they think of how much? Won’t say anything unless booked in. Sorry I’m not booking in if I’m looking at a huge bill but without offering an estimate. Don’t have a blank cheque.

Do you know about box sensors. Is this common?

Find an independent now your car is out of warranty. You will get a much better service..

Those NOX sensors retail at £300 - £320 each!

They do seem quite common looking at old forum threads, some people have to replace the other one a few miles later so it would end up costing £700+ :(

How many miles has the car done?

Sometimes the dealers take the ****, where are you based? Maybe we can recommend a good independent garage to sort it out?

Best wishes.
Abs

Last edited:
Update. Contacted Mercedes direct via email. Car 3.5 years old full MBSH. They organised the NOX sensor replacement free of charge and fixed boot issue. Boot was reprogrammed and mechanic said it seemed to have gone out of sync.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom