Powered boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

demonjamez

Car
E220 Estate AMG Night Edition
Hi all

This is my first post as I’m new to the site, I just wondered if there was anyone who could answer me a question.

I have owned a 2014 ML250 for the last few years, but I have recently swapped it for a 2015 E Class E220 AMG Night edition as I now have to travel further for work and needed a bit better fuel economy.

So my question is that both cars have/had a power boot, but the E Class boot won’t shut with the boot button on the key, only the button on the boot.

I thought it was a fault, but the garage said this car won’t shut with the key, is this true or are they just fobbing me off? I would have just thought it was standard with the powered boots, as every other car that I’ve come across shuts with the key.

Thanks in advance

My CLS would only close using the button on the boot lid or the driver's door.
I believe it's a safety thing, ensuring one can see no one could be hit by the closing lid.

It will not close off the key. Be careful if you have the keys in the pocket of a tight jeans. I have checked my car on a few occasions and found the boot door open:eek:

I have the C350E (Saloon) on a 65 plate (2016) and that shuts with the key. I need to hold it for a few seconds though for it to operate. Have you tried pressing and holding the boot button on the key?

the garage said this car won’t shut with the key, is this true or are they just fobbing me off?

Sorry, but that made me laugh.:)

I've never tried using the key fob to close it, just assumed it wouldn't.

I have the C350E (Saloon) on a 65 plate (2016) and that shuts with the key. I need to hold it for a few seconds though for it to operate. Have you tried pressing and holding the boot button on the key?

I have tried holding the boot button on the key and it will not close the boot.

I have also tried the total closure by holding the fob close to the IR receiver on the door handle and that will not close the boot either; although this was on a C class.

Seems it’s very specific to a given model/age/featureset doesn’t it. I too have a C350e 2016 on a ‘66 and that also closes the boot on the fob with a long press. Switch on the drivers door works the same way for open and close in that it requires a slight hold rather than just a quick dab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom