Powered wing mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musonic

Car
E320 Cdi 2006
The wing mirror on the passenger side of my 06 E320 doesn't fold in fully. I would estimate it manages about 50% of the full movement. How am I best to troubleshoot this? I don't think it's electrical because surely there would be no movement at all if it was. I was wondering if there was something that was impeding it in some way or perhaps the mirror unit has been slightly knocked out of position?

This happened once on my n/s folding mirror (04 W211)
I went into the menu on the steering wheel (Convenience functions) and disabled the folding feature, came out of the menu, and locked the car.

I then went back into the menu, re enabled folding mirrors, and the dodgy n/s mirror folded correctly on locking again.

Its worth a try.

I don't have a menu option to disable the folding feature. I did discover something weird though. I had the mirror parking adjust feature switched on and the n/s mirror wasn't folding at all. I turned that off and it went back to folding about 50%

I think the parking adjust feature requires the n/s mirror button to be pushed in on the mirror movement control pad. If it isn't, it won't dip when you select reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom