PowerPoint line styles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
I'm doing a PowerPoint presentation diagram and I'm showing dependencies between activities. Rather than use usual lines and arrows I want to show the flow direction and want a line that looks like >>>>>>>>>> type - you catch my drift I'm sure.

But PP doesn't seem to have one - just lots of dots, and broken lines with arrow head ends.

Anybody any ideas bearing in mind we're not able to download anything :rolleyes:

TIA

P

Not entirely sure what you are after but have a look at the block arrows in autoshapes.
You could use a row of chevrons in alternating colours.

Nibbo said:
in alternating colours.

Arrrghhh!

I call that The PowerPoint Paradigm.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chevrons; OK. Alternating colours, clipart, TextArt, text scrolling in from different directions, fades; No.

And no again.

PJ

Thanks guys - but animation is out as it needs to be printable and I want subtle understated - nothing flashing or garish. That's why I was looking for the chevron style line. Arrow heads at the end are to confusing for this critical path/activity map as some go vertically and I need people to see at glance if it's up or down in time. But it is just a line I'm after.

Are the Block Arrows in AutoShapes any help?

sadly no - far too big and chunky. If you imagine your monitor as an A4 sheet of paper and drawing a line like:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's the size I want. And some will be that length - others longer, some shorter. This is an example of the type of thing - much simplified!!!! Except I want >>>>>>>>> and not just plain lines with an arrow head at the end.
PPtest.jpg

Hmm ...
Powerpoint is pretty limited for that - you could use WordArt ...

ppt.jpg

But it's fiddly to get a professional looking finish & it will look a bit "blocky"

nah - far to "in your face". Thanks though ;)

If there's nothing then so be it - but I'd have thought there would be. Was surprised there wasn't. Not the end of the world though. Just won't be quite as fetching as it might have been.:D

One final idea - why not put several short arrows in a line rather than the one

nah - far to "in your face". Thanks though ;)

If there's nothing then so be it - but I'd have thought there would be. Was surprised there wasn't. Not the end of the world though. Just won't be quite as fetching as it might have been.:D

Pammy: if you still need help with this i will ask one of my trainers on Monday for you (i run a small IT training company) or i could email you a manual if you let me know which version of Office you have (i.e. 2002, 2003, 2007 etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom