PowerPoint Problem Again!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzComander

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate
Hi everybody,

I am looking for a way of taking the slides from a PowerPoint presentation and importing them into a Word document as thumbnails.

I am preparing a handout for a presentation that I want to email to all of the delegates prior to the meeting, but if I just copy and paste the slides into Word the file is way too big due to a lot of pictures we have used:confused:

Want the handout to have the slides down the left side and an area on the right for people to write notes,

Any help much appreciated. :D

I and all of the trainers on my projects use Snag It, which is a piece of cake to use. I have looked on the web and can't find a free version and I am not sure about the licence implications of giving you mine :confused:

How many slides are we talking about, if you want you can send me the ppt and I will get them all in jpeg format and send you them back ?

Cheers for that Mozzer,

It's actualy 8 seperate presentations and is likely to be an ongoing project, so was hoping for a sloution on my PC.

Thanks for the offer though, I will try and find the software you are talking about,

I think Powerpoint has a "handouts mode" that will let you do that.
File, print preview, options, header and footer, handouts

Could be waay off base here as I don't use PowerPoint, but I've just fired it up, opened a presentation, File > Print, in the box marked, "Print what", selected "Handouts", in the "Handouts" box, selected 3 slides per page, and that appears to give me what you're after ... 3 slides in the left column, rules in the right column for written text.

Then, print to the Microsoft Document Image Writer, which creates a .mdi file which can be emailed. Your recipients can view this with Microsoft Office Document Imaging if they have Office, or Windows Picture and Fax Viewer in XP.

Or you could save it as a TIFF file in Office Document Imaging and your recipients can view and print the file in an app that can read TIFF files; here's a free app called Imagistik.

I should say this is all in Office 2003; not sure about previous versions.

I though that the biggest issue wasn't whether the file you are working on is in word or powerpoint, but that the file size is huge because of pictures, etc in the ppt. In which case, Snag It is still what you want as you can save each slide as a jpeg which takes up practically no memory at all.

For example the real file from my camera for the picture attached is 1253kb, yet when you snag it and save it as a jpeg, the file is now only 96kb.

HTH

Last edited:
Thank for the help everybody, sorry to not have replied sooner, we lost our internet conection at work (NT is cr@p :rolleyes: )

Will download the Snag it programme and give it a go!!

Will let you know how I get on :confused:

Mozzer said:
I though that the biggest issue wasn't whether the file you are working on is in word or powerpoint, but that the file size is huge because of pictures, etc in the ppt. In which case, Snag It is still what you want as you can save each slide as a jpeg which takes up practically no memory at all.

For example the real file from my camera for the picture attached is 1253kb, yet when you snag it and save it as a jpeg, the file is now only 96kb.

HTH
Looks good.

I've got a 2.24Mb .ppt file. Using the method outlined above, the .mdi file is 179Kb.

Depends on your workflow method I suppose :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom