PPF fitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C63Black

Car
C63 AMG
After having spacers fitted, I decided to fit PPF to the sills, door and arches. I was expecting a definitive line but it blends well.

Attachments

• 92CB4B41-1F63-4596-B426-0FE6BB3F34EC.jpeg
    92CB4B41-1F63-4596-B426-0FE6BB3F34EC.jpeg
    723.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 3E0F2C40-D013-4DAB-BEC7-9E0320A9889E.jpeg
    3E0F2C40-D013-4DAB-BEC7-9E0320A9889E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
Nice. What works very well on black is satin PPF as well if you look for a more stealthier look.
906D1D01-E11C-4F8F-B2EB-17B99D460C48.jpeg

What’s it like to maintain and keep clean?

Very easy. I mean after Topaz installed it they also Ceramic Coated it but regardless, as long as you keep bird poop off it it just cleans using the usual methods. Only difference is I am using foam for the foam gun and soap that specifically formulated to be gentle to vinyl. Water spots are more obvious I think but I solved this by buying a water filter that you can put in front of the hose. That is so effective that when in rush, you can actually just leave it wet and drive for drying lol.

but the filter is £98 for approx 700 litres so I keep it for those lazy days. Otherwise is drying time to avoid water spots.

The above is very true. The previous owner of my 507 had a full PPF cover put on it to protect the Designo Magno paint and it has worked a treat. It is very easy to keep clean with a mild dose of Autoglym shampoo added to warm water and then washed with a sponge followed by a watering down and a dry off................gives me much more time to focus on the wheels :cool:

Also, not sure if every PPF is the same, but the stuff Topaz put on mine is self healing. Had someone keying the car, or walked past with handbag etc. and it ‘buffed’ right out after pouring some hot water over it.

Also, not sure if every PPF is the same, but the stuff Topaz put on mine is self healing. Had someone keying the car, or walked past with handbag etc. and it ‘buffed’ right out after pouring some hot water over it.
That’s what persuaded me to go with the self healing, well worth the extra money 👍🏻.
I really like the Matt finish 👏🏼

Topaz told me there trick to prevent water spots and said to spray a little QD on the panels as you dry them down with your towels - no spots

kc

Yea they told me the same and I bought some premium stuff and it actually made it worse. But I also just bought their own brand which I will try next wash.

I use Megs QD, not had an issue -- yet!

kc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom