PPP Option

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jih2000

Car
C63 - Tuned
Hi

Just purchased a 2013 C63. Excellent car, but am wondering if I can get the performance pack plus or lsd from a Mercedes dealer as an official aftermarket option or is that it once the cars built no options can be added and need to go for 3rd party tuning options? No big issue but fancied the uprated engine internals.

Thanks

I would forget trying to retro fit PPP. A remap and LSD is the way to go anyway

Buy some used red callipers if you want them that much, or paint them

As the others have said, Quaife LSD and a remap will have it around the same figure :)

Don't even own one though so don't ask my experience, lol

Hi

thanks was looking at the remap but as mentioned I was initially after the official merc option partly as I may extend warranty and want lsd/uprated engine internals before a map at some point in future that would prob void the warranty.

If I purchased the quaif lsd and had merc dealer install would this still nullify any official warranty?

so basically this cannot be done officially aftermarket?

Last edited:
jih2000 said:
Hi thanks was looking at the remap but as mentioned I was initially after the official merc option partly as I may extend warranty and want lsd/uprated engine internals before a map at some point in future that would prob void the warranty. If I purchased the quaif lsd and had merc dealer install would this still nullify any official warranty? so basically this cannot be done officially aftermarket?

Not sure if it would void warranty, but having MB fit it then it would definitely bring it to light. There's always the option to have it done by PCS or MSL on here, who can also install the eurocharged map also... As well as other mods like cat removal/resonator deletes

Regarding updated internals I hope you have a fat wallet, lol. Personally I don't see the point in that, would of been cheaper to buy one with the option or even a 507 version

If I purchased the quaif lsd and had merc dealer install would this still nullify any official warranty?

Nope. The only thing would be that the warranty on the diff would no longer be in place, but being as Quaife have their own anyway that's not an issue.

Do not get a MB dealer to fit it. Firstly, I'd be amazed if they would, and secondly, they'd charge a fortune if they did. Any good independent would do this for you and Mercedes need never know.

I also still maintain that it's the best mod you'll ever do on the car. :)

I wouldn't worry about the engine just because of a map the engine is bloody strong just get mapped from / by a reputable tuner and it will be fine.

Last edited:
Hi

Just purchased a 2013 C63. Excellent car, but am wondering if I can get the performance pack plus or lsd from a Mercedes dealer as an official aftermarket option or is that it once the cars built no options can be added and need to go for 3rd party tuning options? No big issue but fancied the uprated engine internals.

Thanks

I notice that you're most interested in the uprated engine internals, rather than the other bits that come with PPP. Weistec offer uprated internals which possibly meet or even exceed those included in the PPP so this may be an option for you (links below).

However, unless you're planning some serious power upgrades, it's unnecessary unless you're replacing components due to failure. That said, if you fancy it and have deep pockets it would be a nice upgrade to have.

Weistec M156 Engine Internals - 2012-2014 (W204 / M156) - C 63 - C - Products

Weistec Engine Assembly Service, M156 - M156 Engine Internals - 2012-2014 (W204 / M156) - C 63 - C - Products

Dealers are a joke and wont do any modification work and can just about manage routine scheduled work in some cases....

Find a decent highly reputable tuner to do the remap and lsd and you will have no issues. When doing any modification work you have to be prepared to stand alone.

Interesting thread. The stock engine can handle up to around 600bhp according to Acid at MSL. The Quaife I can vouch for too. I also have the 440 upgrade, dealer modified. One observation I would make is that diff, cooler, remap still won't get you round most tracks faster than an E46 M3....

Interesting thread. The stock engine can handle up to around 600bhp according to Acid at MSL. The Quaife I can vouch for too. I also have the 440 upgrade, dealer modified. One observation I would make is that diff, cooler, remap still won't get you round most tracks faster than an E46 M3....

Not true, all depends on driver.

IMHO I think the c63 would destroy the m3 with the right driver at the wheel

Just to add some balance. As an AMG fanboy (three in the family) and owner of an e46 m3 track car, where I've done many Trackdays including Silverstone, Spa, Brands (GP), Bedford and Snetterton. The field is certainly lacking AMGs most of the time, on the straights the AMG will pull away, but a well set up M3 lap after lap will still be there. A Porsche or a BMW will always be my choice of trackday car with the ability to drive to and from the track in relative comfort.

Just looking at another popular car forum. C63 507 corner weighted 1853kg, wow that's heavy for track abuse.

GTR said:
Not true, all depends on driver. IMHO I think the c63 would destroy the m3 with the right driver at the wheel
The 63 is heavy and will demolish the Bimmer on a decent length straight but the M3 will lap faster. Same with a Civic Type R. Eat 'em on the strip, try and get a 63 past one on the track. Agree that obviously the driver makes a difference, but so does power to weight and the V8 is heavy compared to a stripped out M3. And the 63 eats brakes on the track, mine is in again for new discs and pads with everything heat damaged. That's why I am buying an M3 to track, the 63 can stay at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom