PPP query, silver calipers and 487bhp?!?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigChap

Car
White C63 PP+
Howdy, first post so go easy on me if this has been asked before! I've been on the look out for a C63 and I've seen a few on autotrader now which claim to have the 487bhp in the "tech specs" section but still have silver calipers, is this possible? I understand that it has to be a 2010> model for the power upgrade though.

Thanks in advance!

Lots do misdescribed c63s out there

I've just bought an 08 with pp.......no power upgrades until 2010 onwards...so all the pre 2010 cars advertised as having the power upgrade are taking nonsense....!

Yeah I've noticed that mate, all the adverts are very similar with the same generic lines "pp+" "all options" "fully loaded" etc, very frustrating! Tbh having had a good search earlier I'm pretty sure I already knew the answer but just wanted to ask incase. So with the earlier PP cars having the composite discs the only difference between the two pp's are the caliper colour as far as brakes go?

Hopefully have a little early Xmas present in the coming weeks!

And asi plan to do, it's not difficult to paint the calipers red, confusing things even further!!

I am sure the PP cars had upgraded brakes not just a color change and i may be wrong but do they not have the forged pistons too (lighter so the engine spins up quicker supposedly).
Mine is a standard car, but with the Eurocharged map runs at 532bhp (at the MB Dyno day).
So you could say buy the standard car and get it re-mapped and its quicker than a PP or a edition 507 anyway.

How much do euro charged charge for the remap?

It will depend weather you want a straight flash or if you want the handheld (My Genius) to flash it back to standard.

Acid -MSL
Phil - Rebellion
Paul- Eurocharged Uk

Will be able to advise on costs.

All i can say is if you only do one thing to the car get it re-mapped, it will turn it into a monster :D

It will depend weather you want a straight flash or if you want the handheld (My Genius) to flash it back to standard.

Acid -MSL
Phil - Rebellion
Paul- Eurocharged Uk

All i can say is if you only do one thing to the car get it re-mapped, it will turn it into a monster :D

even before a decat?

found a nice looking one with the face-lift fitted but unfortunately its a cat d!!!

Mine still has the cat on and no intention to remove it at the moment. As far as i am aware you will possibly get an increase in exhaust noise but minimal BHP gain.

PP cars had different front discs to the non PP. Alcantara steering wheel stiffer suspension blah blah blah. The PPP cars 210 on, also have a different colour intake cover on engine as well as red calipers carbon rear spoiler and stiffer suspension. Front brakes on PP are exactly the same as PPP apart from colour of calipers.

Acid -MSL
Phil - Rebellion
Paul- Eurocharged Uk

Gotta agree, get it remapped. Makes it a lot livelier and a whole lot more fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom