Practical Classic - 2CV. Re-living my youth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timster

Car
Currently Merc' Less.
Well, I'm not getting any younger and my thoughts keep drifting back towards my old 2CV Dolly 1981 model - EMA 374X.

I want another one to satisfy that urge but they seem to be commanding quite a premium these days! Anyone know of one kicking about looking for a new home?

This itch needs to be scratched again!

Cheers!

I've seen them eBay ones. Hoping to find one that is known to someone. Eat ha than a random one off eBay!

I find running a Merc and a 2cv to be most agreeable! Yin/Yang :D

I had the misfortune of being a passenger in a 2CV on a long motorway journey in pouring rain.

It was a truly horrible experience and not one I'd want to repeat. Noisy, excruciatingly uncomfortable and s....l....o....w.

I know they have a cult following and each to their own, but give me a VW beetle any day.

Well, I'm not getting any younger and my thoughts keep drifting back towards my old 2CV Dolly 1981 model - EMA 374X.

I want another one to satisfy that urge but they seem to be commanding quite a premium these days! Anyone know of one kicking about looking for a new home?

This itch needs to be scratched again!

Cheers!

Did you call that particular Dolly Emma by any chance ? :D

I was put off 2CVs in the '80s after seeing one that had been in a crash with a truck on an A road in Fleet. They were hosing out what was left of it ... I only recognised it by the bootlid.

Having said that, the BMW bike engine conversions look like fun :)

Citroen 2cv BMW - Sparrow Automotive

I visited my friend, who was a great 2CV fan incidentally, in hospital after the accident. He and the family got off quite lightly after they were mildly sideswiped by a passing truck. He had a broken femur, his baby girl a fractured skull despite her safety seat, and a wife and other small daughter traumatised for weeks afterwards. His next car was a Volvo 246 ! He had learned the hard way that despite all that undoubted Gallic charm they are f***ing death traps period . :mad:

If you have rusty W124 wings that's from the recycled 2CVs...

I had the opportunity to examine a crashed W124 yesterday - it had been badly sideswiped on a roundabout and in the subsequent crash had hit a barrier on the other side. Both o/s doors were caved in, as was the B pillar, the roof had formed an arch leaving the sunroof popped out like a burst tin can lid. The immensely strong roof sections under the roof bars were deformed and numerous seams had burst. On the other side, there were ripples from the transfer of kinetic energy. Despite all this the driver was untouched and the car drove, with the central locking still functioning. Classics are fun, but in an ordinary accident like this, a 2CV driver would either be dead or seriously injured. Quite a salutary reminder.

Driving these things used to be interesting to say the least. Plenty of fresh air with the roof open to clear the exhaust fumes and praying that the car would start again after stopping for refuelling! Those were the days!

I have a car with 26hp although I'm sure many left the stable years ago and driving it today is fun. You only really notice the lack of oomph when you come to a hill so if you live anywhere other than Norfolk I don't recommend one.

I have a Dinky Model Citroen 2CV for sale on ebay only £14.95 plus £5 delivery.
Type in the number below into ebay search

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom